Weekend of Riding

Zman

PR Addict
Last weekend we decided to head to Briarcliff for a couple hours Saturday, pack up by 2P to head to Malvern to race and camp. Then up on Sunday and spend a few hours at Amherst riding. All in all great weekend, fun tracks, and lots of seat time for Mitchy, Alli, and myself (until a couple Malvern eat its on my end). Also, hooked up with Jessie Moore and FCR North's own Matthew to burn some laps with Mitchy.

Briarcliff was awesome with my daughter getting to ride again. She has not been on a bike for awhile and learned a clutch on her first ride back. Malvern was great as well, until I went down twice, the second one really hard, knocking the wind out of myself, almost breaking my hand, banging up my shoulder, and having the medics come down to check me out. Have not had that happen in many years. Once I got myself together....just told the medics..I'm fine, but when your old like I am everything hurts. Also, thanks to the folks along the fence that clapped when I was able to stand up on my own. Nice to see fellow riders support those that go down. All in all great weekend riding with friends and family.

Now, off to IL this weekend for a second Loretta Lynn regional attempt. Hope my body stops hurting by then.

Randy Solomon leads me off the finish line jump at BC.
Randy and Z.jpg

Wife got this one of Sharc, #2, busting out the triple at BC in the background.
Sharc and Z.jpg

BC finish line assault.
zman.jpgzman2.jpg

Alli working on getting off the seat. Did great for first time working a clutch bike.

Alli.jpg

Mitchy burning laps on his Cobra and his new KTM65. Kid can't even come close to touching the ground on the 65, but doesn't seem to bother him.

Mitchy.jpgMitchy65.jpg

RamJams own J. Moore hanging with Mitchy and burning some fast laps Sunday. Good to see him back on a bike.

Mitchy Ahmerst.jpgMoore.jpgMoore2.jpgMoore3.jpgMoore4.jpgMoore5.jpg

FCR North's own Matthew Szalay. Watching him and Mitchy hash it out in the 50 class this year has been great. Saturday night, Matthew took 1st and Mitchy 2nd overall with Mitchy going 3 moto one to Matthew's 4th. Matthew with a 2nd and Mitchy a 3rd in moto 2 led to a 6 point tie, but Matthew taking home the win. Good job!

Matthew.jpg

That pic with the two of us is sweet.
Funny, .........She told me that she was trying to capture my wild jumping skillz and you just happened to get in the way…..

That's a weekend to remember. Great family (and bike) time. Good luck this weekend at the LL regional. You should dress in your best sweat suit and tossel hat and go for a jog today around 3:00 this afternoon as training for the Big Dance.

That pic with the two of us is sweet.
Funny, .........She told me that she was trying to capture my wild jumping skillz and you just happened to get in the way…..

Hahaha! Yeah, when I saw that... I thought that is one to save. Good stuff Sharc.

Back