ATV Scene Features History of OTC Racing

Thats impressive how many guys you had at Earlywines. With quads as popular as they are, even the tracks that run them, get very few. You guys obviously support the races you go to as a group to get that many guys to show up.

Thats impressive how many guys you had at Earlywines. With quads as popular as they are, even the tracks that run them, get very few. You guys obviously support the races you go to as a group to get that many guys to show up.

You figured it out pretty easily! When you are few in numbers, you need to all be at the same place at the same time. Right after a big showing we are often approached and invited to come back every race at a track, and I make it a point to be appreciative but also point out the reality that you can't expect the same few guys to come back every week, and that by keeping appearances few, and scheduled well in advance will assure a full gate every time. This is advice I am constantly trying to pass on to promoters who would like to see "enough quads to make it worthwhile" who are wanting quad turnouts in the same number and frequency as bikes, with a pool of riders a fraction of the size. If you look on the CRA Scehdule you'll see seven 3 Wheeler Series Races and all will have full gates. If we just simply had a 3 Wheeler Class for all CRA events, we would be another one of those one racer classes combined with 3 other one racer classes and it would not be worthwhile or interesting. If you watched me run as the lone trike in Senior Quad for many years, you have to like what you see now a lot better!

Back