2nd Annual Ohio Vintage National This Weekend-Modern Bikes Included

ActionSports

PR Addict
The 2012 Ohio Vintage Cross Country and Motocross Nationals will take place this Saturday and Sunday June 23rd and 24th at the Action Sports Moto-Park located at 10700 Salem Rd. in Athens, Ohio. This is the second year that we have hosted this event and we are very excited to do it all again. Last year we had 210 riders for the three day event with less than favorable conditions; it rained off and on all weekend. The track conditions were great but the rain kept many riders away.

This year’s AHRMA sanctioned event is going to be much larger as we have well over 200 vintage cross country and motocross riders pre entered. We will also run modern motocross classes on Saturday and Sunday after the Vintage program has completed. If you race modern bikes this will be the only time you get to race on this extraordinary track this year.

The track is old school national caliber motocross. We have steep up and down hills, rolling terrain, off camber turns and strategically place jumps that go with the lie of the land. The track runs in and out of the woods like you’ve seen at Washougal and Millville and hills like Unadilla. It is truly a rider’s track where a smart thinking rider can pass using different lines than their competitors. We will run all modern bike classes on the entire track except for the 50’s.

We plan to run a 50, 65, 85, schoolboy, Open C, Open A B, and Vet modern bike classes; we will run more classes if needed. These classes will be split as needed depending on the number of riders that attend. Gate entry for this event is $15 and sign up is only $20 per class.

Don’t miss your one chance to see the bikes from the 50’s, 60’ 70’s and 80’s. Come early and watch the action and then it’s your turn to ride. Come and see why we are calling this the Mid West’s best kept motocross secret; you aren’t going to believe this track!

For more information go to www.ActionSportsRacing.com or call 740-594-6686.

Thank you,
Drew, Kyle & Ryan Wolfe
Action Sports Promotions, Inc.
P.O. Box 488 -10700 Salem Road
Athens, OH 45701
Phone and Fax: 740-594-6686
Mobile: 740-591-7223
dw@ActionSportsRacing.com
www.ActionSportsRacing.com

Drew, it's $20 bucks for a modern class but $60 bucks for a vintage class?

I'm certain you already know the answer to that....AHRMA!

Seems us vintage riders are desperate to ride a vintage race... so please don't give Drew a hard time about something he has no control over as I know there are good number of folks who appreciate the fact that he holds the only AHRMA mx event in the state.

Yeah AMRA post enter is a little high but on the bright side vintage bikes vaules remain somewhat stable & don't loose 6 grand in 3 or 4 years like a new 450 would.

Only wish I was on the track this weekend & would pay 500 buck if I could only race again...

Maico Mark

Wasn't trying to give Drew a hard time at all, being somewhat new to the vintage scene I don't know much about
AHRMA.....but I'm learning.

Back