Malvern Thursday 6-28-12 Quads Only

MalvernMX

PR Addict
Malvern is having practice Thursday 6-28-12 for Quads Only from 4Pm to 8PM.The track will be fully prepped.The cost is $20.00 per rider.

I made it down late tonight but still got about 45 minutes of riding in. I know im out of shape but when im on a bike (which is what ive always ridden) I can just back it down a notch and still be completely comfortable just semi winded but able to relax.. However on the quad, that beast kicks my butt and SHOWS me that its whoopin me!

When I pulled in I was amazed that there were only a handful of quads.. Track was in great shape again (Jason does all that prep work for a HANDFUL of us!).. I was there last night on my bike and last night vs. tonight it was a totally different track (rut, turn wise obviously) and it was perfect for quads tonight.. All the guys that race at Malvern (and NOT nationals), where are they? Perfect opportunity for the guys to get some more track time without it being too crowded or covered in bike ruts, and believe me, I now know that bike ruts do suck on a quad (unless your Upperman, Weinen, Brown, or Farr who act like a whooped out rutted corner is flat like a highway!)

I really liked the new changes to the jumps on the quad too.. The small table heading TOWARDS the road isnt bad at all to get over and the jump after it thats parallel to the road shoots you nice.. Gives you a nice little pop.. Hitting it is very similar to the way you hit it before, but now it has become a tad more mental because its actually a gap to clear..

11 quads tonight. Thanks to those who came out. Had to be like a private practice. Lol.

I will make it to the next quad practice somehow even if it is before a national weekend, and I'll try to drag someone with me too. Do you know when the next quad practice is?

yepp i had the whole track to myself for awhile intill meister showed up it was sweet and still then it was just the two of us. Track was good, like the changes to the finishline section and the new sand berm. Wasnt really digging the table/triple jump felt like the triple landing wasnt enough, i landed it clean a few times and it was still a hard hit even with fox/walsh suspension. The double popped you up pretty good like meister said, maybe pull the landing down to more of a taper. Seen alot of guys landing nose high really sketchy because of the way you got popped up and the landing was so abruptly down. Besides the had a good time. Will be there next time bc im not heading to unidilla, and couldnt make it to the hometown race this weekend... haha Good job jason appriate you opening the track up for us and it was nice to finially meet you. Nick

Back