2008 RMZ450 For Sale

Put it everywhere....here, vet forum, classifieds.....Pit will eventually buy it from you. He already said two days ago he needs a 450....that one is clean and screaming his name.

Suzuki's are JUNK!

I'm just going to go plunk down for the Dungey replica KTM!

Copy kat!! I thought maybe you would want mine.
going out to the back yard to light it on fire! Ha ha

I bet we would have to order KTM's now to even get them!

I would like to light mine on fire! Its worth more from an insurance claim than what I can sell it for.

That's why I still have my '03s. May as well ride them - you can't really sell them.

And Pit, I have a feeling you've been plotting this move since DeCoster left the team. That's very Dungey-esque of you!

He has done everything he can do on a yellow bike. Now it is time to move onto the orange bikes for Pit. A race bike, start restoring a stable of old KTMs to keep him busy for the next ten years....

Hey, ask Sharc -- I used to be great in the whoops on my KTM!

Attachments

• RBWhoops.jpg
    RBWhoops.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 149
Hey, ask Sharc -- I used to be great in the whoops on my KTM!
So good…..
Here’s the story…
I was on my bike sitting by the fence watching a Red Bud practice and a group of guys were talking about how fast # 261 was blitzing the whoops. My first thought was.. “Pit is number 261, but they can’t be talking about him”….. My next thought was “wow, # 261?” …..”Wonder if Pit has ever had to change his number”.” This may be a first because some super fast guy has the same digits as him.”
Anyway, after a few guys go by, the group starts getting anxious while waiting for # 261 to come around.
They are looking and pointing at the guys coming over the Launch Pad when one guy yells….”Here he comes!....watch # 261 in the whoops!” My eyes dart frantically as I look around for this magical rider but the only # 261 I see is Pit…..
My thoughts then turn to…..”What kind of Super Spode’s must this group be if they think Pit is Blitzing the whoops”….Ha!
I didn’t even complete that thought …. As Pit rails the turn, gets back over the fender, cracks the throttle open and screams through the whoops like Dean Wilson did at Pala…
I sat with my mouth open….totally stunned…..
I was now like the others in the group ….. in awe of the awesome # 261!

I always get a kick of out that story. I always used to be really good at whoops.

I remember that day well -- RB just put in that whoop section and everyone was freaking out. I kept rolling them early on and was getting sick of it and finally just leaned back, wicked the throttle and skimmed them all perfect. They weren't all tore up back then, they were nice round whoops as you can sort of see in that pic and it was pretty easy to get on top of them.

How fast could he have really been blitzing the whoops??? I mean that bike does not even have a linkage......

Back