2012 Race Bikes

k01

PR Elite
Here's my odd couple 2012 race bikes. A 1973 Yamaha 360 MX and a 1983 Yamaha YZ 125. About as different as two bikes from the same manufacturer just ten years apart can get.

2012ahrma2.jpg

I should have a 1996 360 Husky going soon too. What do you have?

Here's mine. '81 KX250 and a '73 MX360. New for this year on the MX is a Webco head and a Torque Engineering pipe, both NOS. New for this year on the KX is a Mossbarger reed cage and a works pipe (which I'm waiting on). Oh, and they both have their own stands now, too. We're also building a '80/'81 KX175 out of accumulated spares, which I think will make a good trail/CC bike.

Attachments

• KX250 and MX360 1.jpg
    KX250 and MX360 1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 216
K01, how do you like your MX? Is that a stock pipe on it? I really like mine. The thing's built like a brick $hithouse and runs really good. It handles pretty good, too, I think. One things for sure, it's a blast to ride.

Kevin

KRH, I actually have two 360s. They are a mix of '73 and '74 parts and both have Circle F pipes. They are heavy tank like bikes but super stable and fun to ride. Just make sure you land on the rear wheel! lol!

Mine continue to be in my garage begging to be taken out. This 125 is still my favorite bike of all time. Some day I'll get them out again.

Attachments

• PIC_0044.jpg
    PIC_0044.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 172
  • CRfinished 019.jpg
    CRfinished 019.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 212
Mine continue to be in my garage begging to be taken out. This 125 is still my favorite bike of all time. Some day I'll get them out again.

Hi Joe...........YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You need to MOTO!!!!!!!
....and ride Pits Eric Gorr RM 144.....the CR will become second favorite..

KRH, I actually have two 360s. They are a mix of '73 and '74 parts and both have Circle F pipes. They are heavy tank like bikes but super stable and fun to ride. Just make sure you land on the rear wheel! lol!

What size rear tire are you running on 'em? I've got a 140/80 S12 on mine and it's a little big, I think. It came with a 4.00-18 stock. How much better is the Circle F over the stock pipe?

Kevin

KRH, My 360s both came with Circle F pipes and I my stock MX pipe experience was so long ago, I can't compare them. Both 360s have 110/100 Dunlaps. I have a '74 400 Husky with 130/80 S12. They all work well. A big tire running low pressure isn't a bad thing with only four inches of travel and all that motor.

Had the bikes out at Smith Road last night and both ran great. I couldn't get my kid off of the MX. He loves that bike and did pretty well on it for the first time out. The changes we made worked and the thing really hauls. What gearing are you running K01? We have 12/54 on ours right now. It may be too short for Mid-Ohio, but it really pulls hard out of corners and is a blast to ride. When the kid finally did ride the KX he said "I forgot how easy this bike is to ride fast," but by then he was all beat up and tired from the MX and wasn't going all that fast.

KRH

Had the bikes out at Smith Road last night and both ran great. I couldn't get my kid off of the MX. He loves that bike and did pretty well on it for the first time out. The changes we made worked and the thing really hauls. What gearing are you running K01? We have 12/54 on ours right now. It may be too short for Mid-Ohio, but it really pulls hard out of corners and is a blast to ride. When the kid finally did ride the KX he said "I forgot how easy this bike is to ride fast," but by then he was all beat up and tired from the MX and wasn't going all that fast.

KRH

Can you even use 1st gear? My bikes came 14/54 and 14/51. The 14/51 seems like the ideal set-up to me. I do 1st gear starts on both bikes and they will run even up with a modern 450 on a smooth start area.

K01, how do you like your MX? Is that a inventory tube on it? I really like my own. The aspect is designed like a stone $hithouse and features really amazing. It manages very amazing, too, I think. One factors for sure, it's a improve to journey.

Ok Jack, you typing from your phone or are you the guy who does those Nigerian letters? :)

Don't mean to give you a hard time but...

"inventory tube"
"manages very amazing"
"improve to Journey"

Can you even use 1st gear? My bikes came 14/54 and 14/51. The 14/51 seems like the ideal set-up to me. I do 1st gear starts on both bikes and they will run even up with a modern 450 on a smooth start area.

No, not really. That gearing moves first pretty much out of the mix. We ran 14/54 last year at MO and it seemed a bit tall. I'm going to try a 13 but I'll have the 14 and a 15 with me.

KRH

K01, how do you like your MX? Is that a inventory tube on it? I really like my own. The aspect is designed like a stone $hithouse and features really amazing. It manages very amazing, too, I think. One factors for sure, it's a improve to journey.

Language native not is English? I have for sale called silencer. It not does smoke and good wiring has. Price good very, 1,000,000 GBP. Please only Western Union send.

KRH, Thanks for that translation and reply. Your bike might be a bit more pipey than mine. Circle F feature improve to journey?

Your welcome :D. Yeah, maybe Torque Engineering feature improves journey more sharply.

Only a couple days to VMD. Man, am I looking foward to it.

Kevin

Back