XGames?

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Seemed like a lot of gnarly crashes this year! And I haven't even watched Women's Endurocross yet (which last year was a crash fest)

What's a freestylers average life expectancy?

From them not only being insane, but also when they do road shows on concrete/asphalt. These poor guys are insane.

It is about time that best whip is judged by actual judges and not the fans. Twitch had great whips but not the best there. As long as judging is the way it is all still a pageant but at least they are better than a fan popularity contest.

Also when I saw that tool (first tool to the moore crash) run past the injured rider, grab his bike wheel spinning and pick it up without killing the engine first or pulling in the clutch and cream the rider I was seriously upset. I mean really, flag guys at a local events are better than that, this is mainstream and they can't find some halfway experienced track workers. This is assuming his bike had a kill switch (its freestyle you never know about those guys...)

I've said it over and over again. They are pushing the envelope so far these days, that we eventually will probably see someone getting killed on National TV. The human body can only take so much impact. Each year you see them trying something more diffficult than the past......I really could care less to watch freestyle. Is it cool what they can do on a bike, sure it is. But it just does not get me that excited. I hope my son's extent of freestyle someday is an awesome whip over a jump on a race track.

Check out Robbie Madison. The guy does these crazy jumps that mortals would never do, but a set of SX whoops bites him. The impact of the motorcycle into his back has ended a SX career or two.

ESPN is pushing all this crap. Hard to believe we can get 12 hours of X games on TV, then replayed but cant get them to air 4 hours of outdoor motocross.

we eventually will probably see someone getting killed on National TV.

And that would make viewing even higher and the TV executives would celebrate. Sad-but true.<O:p</O:p
I don’t watch…..but I think one type is called speed & style.
Anyone that knows anything about motorcycles should realize that a bike setup to do tricks 20-ft in the air will suck when ridden on the ground.
Whoever combined the two is a moron.
<O:p</O:p
<O:p

the camera angles for best whip blew my mind. they were just awful!!!

Agreed. By the time they cut to the rider in the air the whip was already over! I'd rather they not do live airings if that's how it's going to be. Plus the real OG Torronteras obviously got jerked out of the best whip... he didn't even get a podium and his whips were sick as can be. Oh that's right, he didn't have a trendy gold bike!

Back