LL Rider List Update

iron702

PR Member
I just spoke with MXSports regarding rider/alternate lists: (since their website has been down and there is no ETA as to when it will be up and running)

Guaranteed Spot emails will be sent Today
Numbers email will be sent on Thursday
Alternate Lists emails will be sent out this weekend

That's the latest and greatest....

Any guarenteed riders get their emails yesterday?

One of the things that sucks for me as an alternate, is I could see them not getting any cancellations in time now, so I will be sitting as an alternate and looking at empty spots on the starting gate....

Yeah.....people need to get numbers ordered and all that crap for their bikes too. Wasnt someone on another thread commenting on how well MX Sports is running the show in American MX.......just like a well oiled machine, lol. Guess this is the first year they have done this........on thats right, they have done it forever, but cant seem to get information out in a timely manner.

I e-mailed them this morning and the reply was still working on site and list. That was the answer I got when I asked about the e-mail. When I called yesterday about them e-mailing out the guaranteed spots she said they were workin on it...

A quick glance through...for guys on the bubble.
Silvers is in for all 3 classes....ha!
Z-man is in for 2
Rocket in for 1

When I spoke with a kid yesterday he said they will email guaranteed positions on Friday and alternates over the weekend.

looks like Z-man is in 1.....+30 B/C
Yeah, that's all I sent my money in on. Now if I could find out about my number, I may be able to get it ordered. Waiting on that until the 13th... Kinda of crappy! DeCal Workscwill be wide open!

Yeah, that's all I sent my money in on. Now if I could find out about my number, I may be able to get it ordered. Waiting on that until the 13th... Kinda of crappy! DeCal Workscwill be wide open!

Well, I have a very fast +35 class to be ready for with Reynard, Povolny, Evans, Abbott, Stiles, Treadwell, and Sheak being pretty well known Pro's from back in the day. Those are just the names that you should know if you've been following motocross for some time. One name missing this year is Keith Johnson, who was 2nd in +35 last year to Stiles, and won the +40 class last year. Not sure why he didn't sign up for the national this year as his racing buddy is Mike Treadwell who is in both the +35 and +40 class this year.

I did a quick count of the VET B class and there are only 40 names on the list of the 42 rider gate. 39 of those names had check marks in the regional results pages, and 1 guy must have gotten in with the deadline extended, Ray Ruppert from Freestone Regional. With RPV Values calculated, the 9th place regional finisher from Mill Creek is ahead of me with his money sent in (check mark) and then I'd be the next guy (with a check mark). Which means that I might be the #42 guy of the 42 positions on the gate this year, or if someone else ahead of me got their money in at the extension...... I might be a very low alternate in the class. I sent in for the +40 class too, but I'm way down the list in that class.

Silvers is in all 3 classes right now, so they'll email him and ask which 2 of 3 does he want - He'll do the 30B/C and 40, which moves another 35 spot open on the roster. Zman had only planned on doing 1 class at Loretta's this year and make it more vacation with the family than stress out for the week with 3 more motos. #'s might be a problem to get made at this point and DeCal works might be working triple time to get the all the numbers done this year if they have the Loretta Lynn's special pricing on backgrounds again. I hope I get my requested # as I have my plates from last year then.

What I found kind of funny is more alternates sent their money in than guaranteed riders. Should get some kind of credit for that. I didn't understand the extended time since it was still up and running the morning of July 2. Maybe they were worried because they were getting such a poor response to registration.
A couple of years a ago it was so bad they called us and asked us to go. That year we were several places out of qualifying for anything. We were running B that year and it was tough. That particular year they had really pushed a lot of riders into B. But in the end no one could afford to go.

I only see 40 listed for every class. Did they cut it down from 42?

I think they do that on purpose to cover their butts while the lists are getting worked out. You gotta know that in the past someone sent their registration in the mail, and it got lost or delayed, then they posted the entire list of 42 and no way to back out of someone that was on the list as an alternate. This way, they get a few more days to make sure no strays come rolling in from a guaranteed spot and if they do, they have room to put them in, plus they have the rest of the week to get emails / calls from those who might have been missed somehow and add them. The official #'s of spots for each class by regional adds up to 42 riders per class (full classes at least). So I think it's a butt covering move for now......

when i talked to them they said they are leaving 2 open spots to leave room for errors if you look there are only 40 riders listed they also are reaching out to people who have not yet paid to secure their position at LL, in my opinion these people have had ample time to register and if they havent yet thats their problem not ours, so the final list will be posted some time this weekend way to give us time to get graphics and #'s !! thanks mx sports

I guess I got my Birthday present a day early, and there seems to be 42 guys total now, with 3 new names on the list including mine with one dropping off the original list posted a few days ago. Makes me happy to be in 2 classes and get to race my buddies..... Zman and Silvers! The northern Ohio boys will be trying to work the rest of the country over along with Chris Opliger, Tim Conti, and Christian Moist. That makes 6 guys from Ohio to cheer for in the class this year!

I am confused with this stuff! Please explain... How does one get an alternate position? Is that based on finishing just outside the qualify bubble and if there is a no-show you are in? Also, if you finish outside of the qualifying spot and several in front do not show - then is everyone bumped up to a qualifying position? and - good luck to all of the Ohio riders going!!!!! Thanks!!!!

There are so many guaranteed spots at the regional, Mid East Red Bud has 7 per regular class. Only 4 guaranteed sent in their money this year...... so of the 42 rider gate, 3 spots are open for "alternates". Alternates to not have to be from the same region as the region that doesn't have full participation as there is a formula for Rider Point Value (RPV) for alternates to give the alternates who would be the fastest a chance to get in. The formula basically takes your overall finish divided by the total # of riders at your regional, and gives you the percent of riders that you beat as your RPV number. The highest RPV #'s are the ones that get the spots that are left open from the riders that do not take the guaranteed spots. In my case, my RPV in Vet B/C was 71.795 for beating 71.795 percent of the class at Red Bud and finishing in 11th place overall out of 39 riders. The more riders at your regional the better off you are for RPV values because if I had finished 11th at North Central Regional in Illinois, my RPV would have been 64.516 since only 31 riders showed up to that regional. Based on the numbers, and sign ups, I was going to be either the 41st or 42nd rider into the event this year based on sign ups of the guaranteed spots....... A little complex, but you can figure it out off of the info you can get from MX Sports web site.

Back