Smith Road Raceway

Yamahauler951

PR Member
Hey guys, smith road is one of the funnest tracks around in my opinion, theres always a great turnout, track is great, but until the track gets watered right in the middle of practice. Riders pay 20$ to ride for the day, and then 1 hour out of that day is sitting waiting for the track to shape up after it gets watered for 30 minutes. Im not complaining here, because im a weekly rider at the track. Larry has made some great changes to the track, opened up some more races, but maybe it would be a good idea to not water the track in the middle of practice. Again, im not bashing anybody here, or complaining, I'm just giving my opinion. Thanks!

Hey guys, smith road is one of the funnest tracks around in my opinion, theres always a great turnout, track is great, but until the track gets watered right in the middle of practice. Riders pay 20$ to ride for the day, and then 1 hour out of that day is sitting waiting for the track to shape up after it gets watered for 30 minutes. Im not complaining here, because im a weekly rider at the track. Larry has made some great changes to the track, opened up some more races, but maybe it would be a good idea to not water the track in the middle of practice. Again, im not bashing anybody here, or complaining, I'm just giving my opinion. Thanks!
Thanks for the feedback, we are trying different things to find a good formula, unfortunately with the super hot days and the crazy dust issues the alternative is laying down a lot more water before practice starts and we got a ton of complaints about that, we would be interested to hear what all of our riders think about this issue, we do have to keep the dust down to provide a safe track and appease the neighbors especially with this crazy hot weather lately watering has become an issue. So what would you guys prefer, more water at the begining of practice or a mid practice water which generally takes 20-30 minutes and happens normally between 6-7? Let us know we appreciate feedback and want to prep the track in a way that keeps riders coming back, Larry the owner does not use pitracer so the best way to communicate with him is in person at the track. I'll be happy to relay your feedback to him.

I say lay it down before hand. Yes it is muddier but more lines and ruts form that way. Plus you may not have to stop to water. The big down side of watering in the middle of the session is you dont disc up the track when you water(at least you didnt last time I was there) and it creates a dangerous situation. Water and hard pack dirt makes ice. The last time I was there and you watered like that WAY to many riders were on the ground.

Not bashing just an opinion you asked for.

disc deep and lay the water down even parts that are not worked the more water the better, to many tracks will waste everyones time by taking a break and spraying a little water on dry spots wich only stay dry intill a bike go thru it the 1st time. But if there is a water issue then you can not lay down as much water as needed. If you have enough water down all you would need to do if it gets dry is a quick disc and should bring the moisture back up.

Back