James out for next 2 rounds.

streaks383

PR Addict
http://www.racerxonline.com/2012/07/12/stewart-out-for-millville-washougal

It said his injury had not healed enough for it to make sense to race. So if that is the case I have to give him props for coming to redbud, not being ready to go and still competing both motos with finishes that were lack luster (lack luster for james, fantastic for anyone else) and staying in there for the whole thing. He could have just pulled off and said it still hurt, but he toughed it out.

Sounds to me like he isn't ready to lose yet. Seemed fine after the first moto, with his little comment of "I just need to grow a sack" this story completely goes against that. I'd be the first to bet that he is fine, just didnt realize how much time he lost on the bike and wants to recoupe that back in order to be on top of the box.

Immmaaagggiiiinnee that.

I'm starting to turn into John250 in regards to likeness for Stewart.

The more he stays off the bike the stronger the dunginator will get and the harder it will be to beat #5.

dont some say that breaking your navacular (spelling) can be a career ending injury? as in youll never be able to move the wrist the same again? i think he might be screwed. even though he missed a couple races, that was not the same stewart at redbud as say hangtown and freestone. you dont lose THAT much by missing 2 or 3 races. something is up for sure. its not just that giant ego. more to it than that me thinks. just my opinion/thoughts.

Well everyone hates you anyway!

***bah, i'm not serious. Had to edit this line in before everyone thinks I'm serious.

In interviews after the race, why would he say that his wrist wasn't bothering him but that he just wasn't up to speed yet. Even made the comment that he needed to grow a sack. In fact, I was thinking the guy did a nice job of racing in the heat and not making excuses and making the funny "sack" comment...now it's right back into wtf is going on mode. It's these kind of constant mixed messages that are consistently causing PR problems for the guy. What other rider has this kind of constant drama?

That broken navicular from years ago could be a factor or it could be that he's just doesn't like getting beat when he's not currently up to the speed of Dungey.

Someone, possibly on here, has said it perfectly before; "James is no longer nor will he probably ever be again a champion."

I think something everyone is forgetting here is that James is not getting paid to race right now. His contract with Suzuki starts in 2013. He's way back in points, his wrist clearly isn't healed up, so why risk it?

I've had several wrist injuries, they can be bad and most of the time the only way to get them to heal is to quit riding for a while. One year I overjumped the ski-jump at Red Bud in July, my wrist popped, and I was done for the season. Nothing was broken but I had some ligament damage that just took forever to heal up.

I've got that going on right now. Sore right wrist and tennis elbow on the left. WTF??????
Doc says the only thing I can do for it is rest...

Funny how the haters come out. The guy comes back after not racing for almost a year, and what 4 years off of outdoor and wins 4 motos in a row. He was riding smart, only pushing enough to stay in front of Dungey. Was winning the moto he went down in and now all of the sudden he is washed up again?

LMAO! Once he gets healed he will win again. Is he a champion? I think you will see a different JS7 once he is healed again and getting paid for his results.

Feel for you Sharc, been dealing with tennis elbow for years, and that HURTS!!! Got it in both sides and have struggled to keep riding and enjoying it.

I hope we get another perfect storm in the outdoors next year again with all of the contenders out there mixing it up and healthy, that would be perfect! I think that a group of healthy front runners would give us what the 250F class is giving us this year with 5 guys at the top of the class all leading motos and winning races...... this sport is so dangerous now with the speeds and effort that the riders are putting out, that it's only one small mistake from winning titles to sitting on the couch with an injury. James' injuries have been piling up over the past few years and hopefully none of them will hinder him from showing us how he can ride to his true potential, because when he does..... it's beautiful to watch!

I broke my Navicular in the 90s. Wore a cast for 5 1/2 months. Hardest bone in the body to heal. A broken navicular is what ended Ricky Johnson's career.

Now onto Bubba......different day, same old story. Yeah he is not getting paid to race, but he made the choice to run the Nationals. I argue he is getting paid though, because all those sponsers that give him helmets, clothing, boots, etc. are paying him to wear their gear. Maybe not a check from Suzuki, but far from not getting paid.

As for Red Bud, his finish was respecable in that heat, being off the bike a couple weeks. Never mentioned the wrist after moto one. I personnally think he decided that it is hot outside, I would rather be back in Orlando on my ski boat, than doing this since I cant win the championship that I thought I would win with RV, CR and Trey all out. Found out that now he cant cherry pick the #1 plate, so lets move onto SX.

This is exactly why Bubba will NEVER win another championship. I dont care what you say, when he is not out on a track running with all the top guys at race speed and intensity, you lose a little something. Then you have to build back up to it. Once SX rolls around, he will make a comment the first couple weeks, that well, I am working on getting back in the groove or something to that affect.

Not a James hater, but not a fan for sure. This is just getting old. But I've said it many times on here, he will not win another championship. Whatever happened to riders riding through injuries? They are part of the sport, and pros used to man up alot more and ride through injuries, and they dont seem to do that these days.

I dont care what you say, when he is not out on a track running with all the top guys at race speed and intensity, you lose a little something. Then you have to build back up to it.

Guess it was just a fluke when he came out and won the first 4 motos of the season having not raced the outdoors for 4 years was it? And not racing sx much for a couple also.....

Planets must have still been in alignment

I have heard many horror stories of a broken navicular bone. Yes they are hard to heal due to lack of low blood supply to that area. My husband broke his at OIR in 08. He wasn't even going to get it checked until someone told him about that bone is hard to heal. He had surgery three days later, they put a pin in it. He must be very very luck cause he rode 5 weeks after surgery and has no problems with it.

James could be having problems with it, but without getting paid to race why risk it. He knows he has the speed on the suzuki to win, so get it healed up and get himself ready for 13. I have never been a stewart fan, but I am glad to see him doing well and being in the mix of things. He is no slouch and he will be a title contender next year as long as he can stay healthy. If is he having problems with it, wonder why he won't try wearing a brace. I know they probably are not the most comfortable thing, but it's worth a try.

Guess it was just a fluke when he came out and won the first 4 motos of the season having not raced the outdoors for 4 years was it? And not racing sx much for a couple also.....

Planets must have still been in alignment

I agree with Smitty.

If James stays healthy he will undoubtedly win any champioship he contends. When he is healthy, he is on another level. But thats the key, he hasn't been ready for awhile. He showed us more this year than the last three. Dungey is a great rider, but he is no james stewart, nor is he a ricky carmichael. Remember when albertyn won the title? I think he is a step above that. Or possbily Grant Langston. All great riders, but some just more talented than others.

I think something everyone is forgetting here is that James is not getting paid to race right now. His contract with Suzuki starts in 2013. He's way back in points, his wrist clearly isn't healed up, so why risk it?

Speaking of forgetting....what I think most folks have a hard time forgetting is that he claimed his wrist felt fine in interviews after the RedBud race. As mentioned earlier, this kind of mixed message is par for the course and is what results in his reoccurring PR problems.

What other top riders have had so much controversy and drama going on that fans never know wtf is going on?

Dungey is a great rider.......He is smart also. While RV, CR, Trey, Bubba all sit on the sidelines he is racing. You have to be able to stay on the track to win championships. Think someone mentioned it the other day. Had it not been for two mechanicals last year, Dungey wins the Championship last year. Dungey is on the same level as many great champs.

Back