James out for next 2 rounds.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Speaking of forgetting....what I think most folks have a hard time forgetting is that he claimed his wrist felt fine in interviews after the RedBud race. As mentioned earlier, this kind of mixed message is par for the course and is what results in his reoccurring PR problems.

What other top riders have had so much controversy and drama going on that fans never know wtf is going on?

Well you don't want your opponents to know your weaknesses. Baggett didn't tell anyone he was nauseaus and had something going on with his stomach until after the 2nd moto at redbud.

So being the competitive nature of the sport I highly doubt James was about to let someone else get a confidence boost by letting others knowing he's still got a bummed wrist. And his hands tearing apart couldn't of helped the situation.

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Don't forget Dungey missed 5 Supercrosses this season due to injury.

Almost all of the comments that are being said can be translated to fit almost every rider. All the drama, etc. follows Stewart because everyone chases him around wanting all the answers. Millsaps has been in and out all season but there is no drama about it -- because people aren't as interested in Millsaps as they are in Stewart.

Sure, James said the wrist was fine and now he's getting bagged on for that. If he had said the wrist was hurting him people would have bagged on him and said he was making excuses for not keeping up with Dungey. He's in a no-win situation. The people that want to focus on negatives with him find the negative no matter what he says.

I'm just glad to see him out there, I saw him race at High Point and at Red Bud and that's more than I've seen him in person for a really long time.

mooch

PR Elite
Regarding any comparison to Baggett...Unlike the numerous times that Stewart has dropped out of the outdoor series with a mixed bag of stories, Baggett's illness didn't result in him dropping out of the series at any point.

Regarding Stewart being under the microscope...it's his own doing. How many times has he said he'd ride the outdoor series and then for one reason or another it just doesn't happen. Other injured riders, i.e. Reed, Dungey, Milsaps, whoever...when anyone else has been injured, they state they'll be out for x amount of time for an injury that is always a concrete injury that is talked about and known and they then return when they said they would and that's the end of it.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
There's a bit of everything going on with James Stewart, and he brings out the most talk no matter what when anything happens involving a rider! Love him or hate him, you do want to know what is going on with him, and that's a dream for sponsors as they are tied to all the talk with him. He is a talent on a motorcycle and if he is healthy and confident, he is a pleasure to watch him do things that I only wish I could do......

People do bag on Dungey for not being anything but bland. He's safe in his statements, safe in his riding, safe in his persona, safe in his championship points lead. People say that Stewart was only going as fast as needed to beat Dungey this year in the first 4 motos, but I think Stewart was close to full speed in those motos. Dungey couldn't put the all out pressure that RC used to put on Stewart to make him explode, but Stewart was going hard to make sure he had Dungey covered and one little slip and who's out front by over 40 seconds in a moto???? Dungey. He's getting the bike dialed in, he's getting his body dialed in, and he's not creating any enemies along the way...... When everyone is back, Dungey will still be a contender for any championship too. I wish he was a little meaner on the track, and would punt someone off the track after a hard pass to let them know he's not a pushover! Remember when James knocked down McGrath in a SX heat race and then in the main event McGrath was inside of James on the start and sent him down to the mat? You don't mess around with some guys, and Dungey needs to let guys know that you don't mess around with him!