when will it rain ? how is everyone else doing ?

OIR_Old

PR Member
I just wanted to know how everyone else is doing and how long they can run with no rain? It has'nt rained at O.I.R since weeks before the pro day. The pond level just keeps dropping. I learned my lesson and until we get some real rain im on hold. Im sure its getting tough. And now everyone has to burn so much extra fuel and time on machines. My heart goes out to all the other track owners. To all the riders support, the other tracks and please remember with the weather and heat there job is only getting harder. Good luck to all that are running this weekend and in the weeks to come ! Chris Mosher

Our grass is brown and we haven't mowed in 2 weeks. Practice facility has been grounded for the last month. Hoping for some rain soon mostly for the farmers though.

We need it desperately so we dont have to run our equipment into the ground for 40 hours a weekend. Our pond is about dry, but we will move to our creek, it isnt that far away, its just not as convenient as the pond. I got a quote to have a well installed at our pond, so we wont have this issue again.

We have almost drained our smaller pond but we have had some great riding the past 3 days. Started riding yesterday and it was muddy but that didnt last long , if we dont get any rain soon we are going to only water our turn sections and forget about averything else.

If we do have to start racing in dusty conditions there are a few things that worked in Hawaii where there was not water for the track. Use two different color banners on the track, example red banner means right turn ahead, yellow banner means left turn ahead. Have way more flagmen than you would normally need and have them wave the flag like they are having a seizure if some thing goes down and make it very clear at the riders meeting when you see a yellow flag there will be no jumping, no passing and anyone who does either will be dq'd for the day and for safety reasons not able to race anymore that day. It sucked and I hope we don't start coming to that. Or we could start tapping into fire hydrants at night in secluded places and fill our water trucks and try to refill the pond the night before a race.

Track was on top of a mountain and they would have needed a fleet of water trucks due to the length of the track, to boot who wants their bike being coated in salt and red mud.

We need rain badly for our crops,we have enough for the track to finish the season.I had Jason clean out my pond a year and a half ago,it was money well spent and is 18' deep.Last real rain here was 3 weeks ago I dammed up our creek put 2 pumps in and refilled the pond,it was 6' down then.This is the complete oposite from last year.

Supposed to rain today, tomorrow and Sunday here......Sunny blue sky here. Thought it was supposed to start this morning. Last night someone mentioned they thought it was pushing south now. Farmer friend told me if he did not get rain this week, that they were in trouble with the crops.

Looks like its staying south for now. Another weekend of watering late and dust boogers. A good 20-30 minute shower would do us wonders, not a solution, but it would help. We need a 2-3 day soaker....starting monday.

I must live in a special zone -- I've had some drenching rains at my house in the last couple weeks.

I think I get River weather. Sometimes in the Winter I have a foot of snow and then I drive up the hill towards Rt 303 and there is about half of what I got.

I think AppleFrank would agree we could use a little rain (make that a lot) here in Medina County, how is this draught affecting your apples Frank? We've been lucky so far this year, George laid the track out very well with the two ponds and sprinkler system and we've been working on replenishing the dirt so it can hold more water/ stay moist thus possibly eliminating the mid practice water or super heavy water in the begining, atleast the heat hasnt been as intense the last few days! Its felt like rain all day here in LaGrange but no luck yet. Good luck Chris hope everything works out for you at OIR!

We finally got a good rain. Showered pretty good at 4-5:30ish, then epic downpour at 6:30. A river runs through it. Im sorta curious to go see the pond, maybe a red GMC trip.

It was amazing and beautiful today !!! Thanks for all your work JO.

I mad you didnt even say hi though....

It was amazing and beautiful today !!! Thanks for all your work JO.

I mad you didnt even say hi though....

You and Sharc were hiding from me dammit. I went looking for you guys twice, and both times it was "lets hide from jeremy time". Disgruntle in Nashport.

It was hot out today, what the heck was sharc doing down there?

BTW It rained again at the secret Valley City raining debot last night.....

Got hardly any rain in the morning yesterday at my place. Dirt Country must have got a pretty good rain yesterday in the rain. track was not in good condition this morning. A lot of people started getting their money back, track was not cleaning up at all. They ran extended practice, but at that point a ton of people had left, so they actually called the race.

Back