Loretta Lynn Results are now in The Vault

Remember some names below.....who is that Brock guy ?

[h=1]Loretta Lynn Ranch - 125 A Modified[/h][h=2]<time itemprop="startDate" datetime="1997-08-02">1997</time>[/h]Loretta Lynn Ranch Ranch
Overall
Rider
Hometown
Moto 1
Moto 2
Moto 3
Machine
1Brock SellardsNew Philadelphia, OH211Kawasaki
2Danny SmithEagle, ID322Yamaha
3Jiri DostalQuail Valley, CA174Suzuki
4Kelly SmithLudington, MI645Suzuki
5Jim Povolny JrMendota Heights, MN583Suzuki
6Mark BurkhartPickerington, OH4311Honda

<thead>
</thead><tbody>
</tbody>

Kind of cool looking back. My results sucked, and that is the race that started all my back problems 20 years ago. But looking at the sheet, Clark Stiles won my class that year. I believe he went on to have a decent MX career. I had an awesome year in '93. Great finishes. Last race before LL, at Frankfort old Town, had a bike flip into the side of me in the first corner. Broke my left wrist, a week and a half before LL. Went to LL in a cast to race. Even took a grip to the Dr office to make sure we shaped the cast so I could get my thumb under the grip. Would get good starts in the motos, but just could not hang on.......so my results sucked. Then in the 5th moto, hurt my back over a jump, and it has never been the same since. Could hardly walk and did not start the 6th moto.

Hidesite 20/20, I made a huge mistake going. Should have with drew, and qualified in C class in '94. Because I went, I automatically had to go B. Cool looking at the results and remembering a little bit. Not great memories. I remember being pretty bummed when the crash happened. It was not my fault, I was in the wrong place at the wrong time at Frankfort. Should have been sitting home, resting, but I raced all the time then, and thought I was better staying on the bike racing I guess.

John at least you can say that you've raced there. I can't say that.

I'm hooked on this site now, pretty cool to dig back through all those results!

Check out Windham. I remember watching him in the schoolboy class......WOW! is all I can say. He was SO incredibly fast and smooth. I thought, who in the world is this guy from LA.

2000. 250/Open C.

I clicked around the names in there and most of the guys I raced against haven't been there again. The top few tho made it a couple more times up till 03 in various classes. There are some impressive names in other classes that year though.

Seen kenny henry post something about the years he was there and he raced a lot of the top pros today. Crazy.

I had my shot in I think 03 to make it in a couple classes from the regional but blew up a 450 on the last lap of my 3rd moto while passing for 3rd. Little did I know that'd be my last shot for more than 10 years.. lol

I think my next chance is in a few years and id like to go back in 30b/c.

How bout Eddie "Candyman" Karban with a 4th overall in 250/Open C back in 1986???? What a finish for Eddie on a Yamaha!

Is there something like this for the quad national as well. Yes I use to race 3 and 4 wheelers and went to LL around 1987-88.

Honestly I am not sure I can totally pinpoint the reason. I started racing when I was 6 and retired at 12. I had always wanted to get back into riding one way or another and came out of retirement at 27 when I purchased a 97 KX 125. That was 8 years ago and I have no desire to wrestle with a quad on an mx track. I would consider doing some TT or flat track with one. I never liked jumping a quad either. I have jumped more now than I ever thought of back in the day.

Speaking of the quad riders, Loretta's just finished up as well as the season. There are quite a few Ohio racers that did well in the points and throughout the year. I am not sure how to attach their results, but they can be seen through escoremx. I was unable to find an "Atv vault".

At that point mom and dad was paying lol The funny thing is the last quad I had was actually a KX 60. My mechanic and dad built it using the motor and the frame. For those of you quad riders I am sure have heard of Harold "the bumblebee" Goodman. The bumblebee came from the noise of the kx60. I use to race Harold back in the day and we met up at tracks from time to time. I can proudly say that I use to beat Harold. I def. couldn't do it today as he is still ripping it up in the pro ranks.

Back