WAY too much Pit bike fun at Briarcliff's Monster triple crown pit bike races - 7/14

mooch

PR Elite
As usual, Jeremy changed up the track again for round 2 of the Monster triple crown pit bike race. This one had a few longer straights and less tight turns, I'm happy either way as it's always a blast.

This week, thanks to Wimers cycles and Briarcliff putting up some money there was a $50 payout to the winners of the 30+, 40+ and money class. The age classes had a few new riders show up while John Kreps (40+ winner at round#1) and TonyC were no shows for this round due to a conflict with an embroidery class they had scheduled for the evening.

Here's a pic of the first corner in the 30+ class, I got the holeshot but somehow Mosher (105 on the yamaha) managed to keep it on the gas while using an inside line to take over the lead after a little bar banging in the first few corners. From there, Nitrofish (Matt Willand #65) pulled out the stops and passed both Mosher and I on his fast pitster, but Mosher then retaliated with another pass back on Nitrofish going into the rollers. Hanging in 3rd I watched the back and forth action between Mosher and Nitrofish while hoping they'd wear each other out! Nitrofish pulled out a bit of a lead but ended up having a small bobble late in the moto that let Mosher and I get around. During the last lap I had no luck finding a way around Mosher and made an attempt to get him out of the last corner on the last lap but Mosher held it on and picked up the well deserved win!

Thanks again to Wimers for pitching in and of course Jeremy and the folks who give a hand to layout and run some mighty fun pitbike races!

If you've got a pit bike and haven't hit up one of these BC pitbike nights you've got one more chance on 8/25!

IMG_0789.JPG

Mooch, check out the fork flex on your bike in the second pic!

I'll be at the next one to whip up on you guys! haha.

Maybe it just looks that way due to the rear end squatting down under the massive amount of horsepower being put down :)

After all, it's hard to believe cutting edge CRF100 forks would flex.

I shall begin a rigorous training regimen starting on August 24th to prepare for the next one! When your kid calls you slow, it kinda hurts. Old guy class watch out, I'm coming for ya. The wife got some great shots I will upload later today. I know the weather was iffy yesterday, but those of you that don't make or have never been to one of these events, ya gotta check it out. Jeremy lays out a fun track, the racing is fun and can be intense. Jeremy gives away some cool stuff. The last race my son got a new tire for his bike and a pair of goggles. Yesterday he got a Fly backpack, just in time for school shopping. Matt.

Yep, please post your pics...anxious to see them. You probably already know this, but if you post the pics on a pic site and then link them here you can get them to post bigger here.

It was good to meet you and your wife yesterday too!

A few pics!

Attachments

• pitbike11.jpg
    pitbike11.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 185
  • pitbike5.jpg
    pitbike5.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 200
  • pitbike6.jpg
    pitbike6.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 175
  • pitbike7.jpg
    pitbike7.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 183
  • pitbike8.jpg
    pitbike8.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 160
  • pitbike9.jpg
    pitbike9.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 187
  • pitbike10.jpg
    pitbike10.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 456
  • pitbike.jpg
    pitbike.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 175
  • pitbike 2.jpg
    pitbike 2.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 174
  • pitbike4.jpg
    pitbike4.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 169
  • pitbike3.jpg
    pitbike3.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 193
As usual, Jeremy changed up the track again for round 2 of the Monster triple crown pit bike race. This one had a few longer straights and less tight turns, I'm happy either way as it's always a blast.

This week, thanks to Wimers cycles and Briarcliff putting up some money there was a $50 payout to the winners of the 30+, 40+ and money class. The age classes had a few new riders show up while John Kreps (40+ winner at round#1) and TonyC were no shows for this round due to a conflict with an embroidery class they had scheduled for the evening.

Here's a pic of the first corner in the 30+ class, I got the holeshot but somehow Mosher (105 on the yamaha) managed to keep it on the gas while using an inside line to take over the lead after a little bar banging in the first few corners. From there, Nitrofish (Matt Willand #65) pulled out the stops and passed both Mosher and I on his fast pitster, but Mosher then retaliated with another pass back on Nitrofish going into the rollers. Hanging in 3rd I watched the back and forth action between Mosher and Nitrofish while hoping they'd wear each other out! Nitrofish pulled out a bit of a lead but ended up having a small bobble late in the moto that let Mosher and I get around. During the last lap I had no luck finding a way around Mosher and made an attempt to get him out of the last corner on the last lap but Mosher held it on and picked up the well deserved win!

Thanks again to Wimers for pitching in and of course Jeremy and the folks who give a hand to layout and run some mighty fun pitbike races!

If you've got a pit bike and haven't hit up one of these BC pitbike nights you've got one more chance on 8/25!

IMG_0789.JPG

It's a little nerve racking going into the first turn with bigger bikes all around you. It sure was a blast. I think next year he should have one a month. Can't wait for the next one.

Damn. I wasn't aware of it til the day before. I was at the Pitracer party Saturday night which was pretty fun too. I hate tight tracks- so I wish I'd have been at this one. I'll be at the next one in August. --L*64

Back