Smith Road Wedneday pratice 7-18-12 4-dark bikes only

mastiffmom

PR Addict
[h=2]Smith Road Wedneday pratice 7-18-12 4-dark bikes only[/h]
Smith Road will have its normal Wed evening practice 4-dark, bikes only. Big track is $20.00 peewee is 10.00 Any rider not wearing the required gear will be asked to either borrow some gear or head on home, this is for the riders safety! Required gear is a helmet, goggles, boots and gloves. All riders under 18 must be signed in by a parent or guardian, everyone entering the track must sign a waiver no exceptions. Hope everyone has a great week and we hope you can make it out Wednesday! Thanks​

Our equipment policy has just been updated, we will now require that when on the track all riders wear long sleeves & long pants as well as helmet, boots, goggles and gloves. Again this is for your safety, Hope to see everyone on Wednesday Thanks!

my son is on a crf 150 but is just learning to ride (still getting comfortable shifting, braking, etc). is it ok if he rides the peewee track?

my son is on a crf 150 but is just learning to ride (still getting comfortable shifting, braking, etc). is it ok if he rides the peewee track?
He can ride the peewee track it will be much safer for him then putting a new rider out with the big guys, as long as he is careful around the little guys there shouldn't be a problem.

Track was awesome tonight! I have not been there much this summer, but tonight I had the best time ever there. Track rutted up great, new top soil hauled in and placed throughout the track. Multiple lines everywhere....can't say enough...track used almost the entire property, mulitple lines, awesome dirt, and very minimal dust considering this crazy drought. I burned off some long sessions as I could not get enough. Nice work tonight Larry.

Awesome ….all great things to hear. I would love to have Smith Rd. back in the riding rotation.
Keep it up !!!!

I don't want to let all of Larry's secrets out but he put about a foot of FRESH dark black topsoil type stuff (that looked like it came out of a miracle grow topsoil bag) over the ENTIRE TRACK (excluding the jump faces). I was the 1st one out at 345pm and ran just like 1st guy out at Red Bud when they don't roll it for weather......... DEEP and lean back and let the motor rev!!!! I was making the original line for the night as I had to hit the road by 530pm...... and Zman and I got one 25 minute session in together. FUN FUN FUN......... and Larry plans to keep adding this perfect soil back to the track and mixing it in tilling it up..... so much fun, that Zman is now planning an extra ride day next Wed night before Loretta's!

Also, Larry has completed the "ALL NEW" kids track which is a 100% improvement over the old small beginner track that was there. It doesn't have a foot of new dark topsoil, just a light sprinkling of the stuff as the little guys wouldn't be able to get through the stuff it was..... but the new track has some small table tops, some rollers up hills, down hills, a little bit of everything for the smaller guys. It's not as high speed at Apple Cabins Medium track, but offers a little more elevation change for the little guys. Parker loved it and said it was way better than the old track.

Great work Larry, and can't wait for next week too!

any gopro footage from yesterday the 18th? id like to see this dirt :)

any gopro footage from yesterday the 18th? id like to see this dirt :)
I dont know how to post a picture on here but my weather update on the facebook page is a picture of the track, you can see the nice black topsoil! Of course its not a close up but it gives you an idea, and we will be bringing lots more in! We are very glad to hear people are enjoying the changes, we've had our rough spots but Larry is working hard to fix and improve the track and its good to hear such well respected riders are enjoying the changes!

Here are 2 pictures this is the big track I didn't realize I took. I have video from my phone but don't know how to attach it. My son loved the track and he was on the 50.
20.jpg201.jpg

Back