Question about the gate fees at Pyma

#23_Racing

PR Addict
This was our 1st time ever at Pymas 3 day event and when we entered the lady said $25 each or $10 per day and with our luck I asked what if we leave early and she said we would get money back since we had to pay for the 3 full days up front wich came up to $100 just to get into the gate for my family. Well we ended up leaving Sat at 4:30pm just 24 hrs after paying the $100 so when I went to the gate lady to get atleast $20 back for our bands she tells me NO refunds and as I told her what the lady on Fri said she just said its been that way for 20 years. Even tho I was kinda mad I pulled out and our friends where still at the gate and when they finly pulled out they also where complaining about not getting a refund for sunday and also stated they where told the same thing on Fri. I just feel $100 out of my pocket to get in to a race for 24hrs is kinda steep and alittle unfare and on Sat there was 3 250B riders and 4-5 school boy riders. Was anyone else told they would get moneyback if they left early, $100 to get in the gate 2 racers racing 6 total classes thats $150 that $250 just to get in and race. This was our 1st and last time doing this 3 day event. I thought Delta sucked every $$ out of you to race there and they are only 45 min down the road not 3.5 hrs to get to Pyma.

Scott, we went to Pyma once and had issue's, Consider it a lesson learned. They got your money once and they seem to be good with that, they don't seem to care if you come back. That's why they get the same riders and 3 to 5 riders in a class. We had a different experience there than yours, but common thread. They say one thing & do another, but none the less we have never and won't ever go back. To bad we did enjoy the track.

I showed up early saturday morning and i planned on leaving after the amature race saturday afternoon. BUT she still made me pay the 20 bucks which i had not planned on doing, therefore i was bumming money to pay to race lol. AND then i did leave at 4pm that afternoon and they gave me my money back with no problem. Maybe they just misunderstood yall? Im in no way sticking up for them bc i dont agree with it all either. Long drive to b treated like that

Ya the track was nice and had a good time but comon times are rough for everyone. She did tell me I had to leave by midnight on Fri if I wanted any money back?????? Hell I dont think racing was done by midnight on Fri. should of left Fri because all of Sat was a waist of money. JMMOORE when she tells you if you leave sat you will get $5 per band back, I know its only $20 but it still not right. I spent over $400 to go to this race what I should of done was take that money and go to BC for a couple weekends of practice. Oh well like JGreen said lesson learned. While Im at it the anouncer sounds like RayLynn More from Ram Jam yelling on the mic lol hate to say it but George was way better.

The same thing happened to us last year at Pyma. We showed up Friday night after practice and paid the full weekend fee to get in. We left Saturday after the AM races and was refunded nothing. Any other track that has a multiple day event that we have run you pay the entire weekend when you pull in, but if you leave early you get refunded for the days you don't race.

Back