Loretta Lynn Race order is posted

Man, you're quick. Was just on my way over to post this. We're basically last, save for the 50s. Oh well. Maybe they'll steam roll the track before our moto in preparation for the 50s... :)

Unfortunately its typically the other way……B/C will get bumped up if the track is too wet for the 50’s…
It happens quite often…Be ready for it.

You guys are thinking in the box that you're looking at........ the 50cc classes are put in the moto order outside of the schedule when they get a full track prep to knock down the ruts and dangerous stuff that the small bikes can't handle. They usually list them as Moto A, B, C, D and put them in the order where needed... usually Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Figure Vet B as being last MOTO again of the entire week, just like last year. And I had a spectacular finish after the finish line crashing into the fence in front of the Thor Tower and scattering fans trying to make a pass at the line for 8th place....... I missed out by .003 seconds!

That moto is the roughest moto of the entire week! Get ready for a hot, brutally tough moto! I'm Moto 10 (Plus 35) and Moto 34 (Vet B) for last moto of the week!

They were due out after prep. Just then Hurricane Mills got pounded with a shower for about 20 minutes.
We were up after 3 little bike classes and one big bike class. They bagged the little guys and called up the big bikes. I was scrambling ….threw off my whole game.

That's why in the program they don't give the little guys a Number Moto, but instead label them Moto A, B, C, and D. Then if there is a rain shower...... they move the 2 hour group all together and move the numbered motos up and make numerous announcements. Anyway, the 50cc classes won't be the last classes on the track for the whole week, unless it's raining the whole time.

Last year's moto order had Vet B (Last moto last year too) on Wed at 1pm, Friday at 8AM, and Saturday at 130PM. Should be approx the same this year. Last years 50cc motos ran on Wed from 1030am to Noon, Thurs from 1130 - 1PM, and Friday from 11am - 1230. They use the mid day intermission to give the youngest kids the nicest track they can without all the deep ruts and bumps that would swallow those little bikes.

Last year's 10th moto (450A) which is where the +35 class falls ran at 1230pm Tuesday, 730AM Thursday, and 3pm Friday..... Should be about the same.

Last year's 6th moto was +40 and it is again this year. Last year times were 10am Tuesday, 430PM Wednesday, and 1PM Friday, should be about the same times.

RC's +25 is same as last year in the 17th moto spot and races at 4pm Tuesday, 11am Thursday, and 730am Saturday..... should be about the same. Keep the people there all week to see RC race!

So are you saying if you have little bikes in front of you and the track gets real wet they will move them out and move up the big bikes? But they won’t be last … unless it rains all week.

I'm saying that the little bikes are scheduled at mid day intermission every year..... but if it's raining they move them as a group to another time and move big bikes into the muddy track time. And yes, the only time they are last is when they aren't able to run the whole time because of un ending rain all week..... but if you don't believe me, wait until the official list comes out and see what it is for real. I'm looking at last years official race order and going from my memories.... but you could say "Eight CLICKS?????" "WTF????" and wait and see......

Last year's moto order had Vet B (Last moto last year too) on Wed at 1pm, Friday at 8AM, and Saturday at 130PM. Should be approx the same this year.

Thanks Rocket - that's very helpful. I'm guessing there's some margin of error in there though, right? IE Vet 30 may run Thu @ the end of the day as opposed to Friday first thing...

There's a little margin for error with Vet B times in that last year they had the 2 Youth Beginner classes that were added into the mix not in Moto Order like the Peewee classes are..... but you can almost count on the last moto of the whole event...... being Wed afternoon, Friday morning first thing first class Champions are always crowned Friday at about 9am or so, and Saturday afternoon at about 130pm, because the total # of classes are the same and the last moto is last all the way through.

I can't tell you for sure where they will drop the Peewee's in this year..... but usually plan on Mid Day 3 times out of the Tues - Friday dates. And your times could move up 1.5 hours if it's raining and they pull the 3 50cc motos out of the order where they are planned.

So are you saying if you have little motorcycles at the top element a essential piece of you and the observe gets real wet they will modify them out and modify up the big bikes? But they will not be last … unless it down goes all a few a few several weeks time.

So are you saying if you have little motorcycles at the top element a essential piece of you and the observe gets real wet they will modify them out and modify up the big bikes? But they will not be last … unless it down goes all a few a few several weeks time.

Jerry, don't you have some kids to be raising money for????

Let's make this simple for the folks at home that don't go to or understand Loretta Lynn's. The 3 50cc motos (4 groups but 1 is staggered started with another group, so it's 3 one half hour time slots) are called A, B, and C in the program and running order. All of the other motos are numbered 1 - 33 and given a specific time slot and run in order no matter what. The 50's are placed in the order on Wed, Thurs, and Fri at mid day around intermission time (11am - 12 noon about) so that they can combine the intermission track work with the 50cc motos to give them a track that they can handle. The 50's don't have big enough wheels to get through the late day ruts / bumps that the Loretta Lynn's track offers up to the normal competitors. The 50's ride the entire same track that everyone else does, but at mid day when they do a track work session and can make it smoother and smaller than regular motos get. Early in the morning and the track is too muddy / slippery for the 50's, Late in the afternoon or evening and the ruts / bumps are too big and deep for them, so they place them in the middle of the day (out of order sort of, because they are called A, B, and C and not numbered and don't follow the same classes each day).

If it happens to be down pouring rain at the time they are supposed to go....... they will move them out to later in the day and move the other motos up ahead from their spots since Mom's / Dad's / Mechanics are not allowed on the Loretta Lynn's track and riders have to get up and start bikes themselves or wait for a track worker to help. Since a rain moto would cause chaos and endless controversy about who got helped first by which track worker........ they try to keep the kids out of the rain.

They work with the 50's (3 groups on the track in a row) to give them the best 50cc track for a national championship possible. The last 3 years the 50's have run perfectly on schedule at their program time on Wed, Thurs, and Friday mid day along with intermission. But I have been there when they moved them for rain purposes and moved later classes up 1.5 hours due to rain and put them later in the afternoon when they could work the track back to an acceptable surface for PW50's to get around on.

Does everyone understand that now??? And I promise I'll pledge some money in this year's telethon!!!!

Back