Loretta Lynn's Landmarks/Locations

cmoist

PR Member
Can any of you folks who have been there before put some labels on this map? I'm curious where the best parking is, where the Amsoil Arena/Reg/Tech is, on what side of the start staging is located, etc. Just where all the landmarks are. Thanks!

Hurricane_Mills_TN_517480.JPG

OK Robin do your thing. You sure don't want a woman to give directions. All I will say is the key is get there early and plan to pay extra.

have only been to the ranch to watch. And I will tell you one tip I learned the first day. YOU NEED a bicycle, golf cart, three wheeler, pit bike, scooter, something to get you around because it is insane how large the pits are. If your anywhere in the back lot here (say lowest point on image) your looking at a good half mile till the track.

Thanks. We're planning on getting there Sunday at some point before registration opens. So I take it we'll be put somewhere way out there.

Also, we got a hotel, so is it feasible that we'll be pitting in a different spot each day?

It isn't easy to get a good spot. They will park you. That is why I say get there early. You are right about needing transportation. Pit bikes are a no no unless they changed things. You need a lisenced bike or a golf cart, mule ect. They rent golf carts for exhorbitant prices but all pit vehicles have to be registered and of course you pay for that.You are supposed to be a lisenced driver but you will find children zipping around with of course other children loaded to the hilt. It gets pretty crazy. One year I begged Russ Collier to deputize me so I could have fun busting them. I needed something to entertain myself! We were parked up by the store that year. The roads there are one-way but kids zipped up and down and a few times nearly clocked people pushing baby strollers. I guess I should have gotten into law enforement like my brother instead of orthopedics!!!

Yeah, Sunday is too late however we go in a motor home so I don't know what it is like for those staying in a hotel.Hope someone else can help you there. I believe most people that stay in hotels get a spot and leave their stuff there. Even when we go early there are trailers there holding spots.

Sunday is pretty late to take it all in before having to devote Monday to practice.
Saturday would be much better.
The sooner you get there the closer to the action you’ll get.
Motorized pit transportation is a MUST.
Some folks like to be down by the river. But if / when it rains, things can get pretty mucky around there.
We always tried for Stagecoach Hill and got it. Other than the climb, we liked it up there. It’s nice if you can get it.

You will know when you get to stage coach hill, not only is it marked but it's pretty much right up there at the top when you first come in. The store is up there also. If you don't have a pit vehichle that is legal then take some bicycles. When I say early I mean early. We leave Thurs. morning--I mean 1-2 in the morning so we get there Thurs. morning. Bummer because then you are there for days bored out of your mind. I guess I should correct that -- Larry and Chris go that early. Heather and I have always waited till about sat or sun. to make the trip. However, we also drive through the night. You make better time without the traffic and if you can tag onto the trucks all the better. Even as early as we go good spots are taken by people dropping off their trailers and such to snag the spot. SAD BUT TRUE!!

Oh the map, you can’t really see it……it’s under trees. As you come in main drive, it’s the first drive on the left.
If you look at the map…..you can see some of the street but it’s tough. The clearing you see is part of the hill. Too steep to park. that's why you see the grass.

The river runs where the large clearing meets the trees on the left hand side of the map.
You can see the beach area of the river at 45 deg. down from the upper left corner of the pic.

We would land either Thr. night or Friday early A.M.

That's the kind of info I need - where is Stagecoach Hill?

Mitchy and I will be leaving Thursday afternoon and should be up there by early Friday morning. We also go up to Stage Coach Hill. Its left once you get through the main drag, can't miss the sign. Lots of reasons for us going up there, to include, must less noise than down by the track, up hill in case it rains, less dust than down by the track, lots of shade, and people actually get some sleep up there and keep the noise down. Just what I have seen over the last 2 years of going.

Saying that, if you do not have a golfcart or pitbike that is way to far away to do any kind of walking to the main area where vendors, the track, food court...etc. are. I think to rent a golfcart for the week it is around $700.00 and then you have the $35.00 pit pass, which you would also need to run a pit bike. No problems on running pitbikes or golfcart or Rhinos or Razors all over the grounds. Like indicated above, the place is huge. To go without a plan for this would be a huge mistake.

Look for us...this is my ride to get to and from the track. Probably the best way to locate us. RV is a FunMover also. Just my $.02!

cart.jpg

Sweet Ride .......but not BLUE?!?!?!.....Shame, shame, shame......

Ha, yeah no time to get painted for the dance...just picked it up Saturday. I have a paint job lined up when I get back...thinking blue, black, and grey OR KTM orange and black. Mitchy is weighing in on the paint scheme and says blue is not right since he rides a KTM65. Little rat is taking over all decisions around here.

you will find children zipping around with of course other children loaded to the hilt. It gets pretty crazy. The roads there are one-way but kids zipped up and down and a few times nearly clocked people pushing baby strollers.
This .....is the main reason my wife was never comfortable while moving about the Ranch.

As it should be…
He has unlimited potential. We already know where ours ends…

Hahaha...bastard!...but your right...I'm washed up at 40..time to pass the torch, drink beer at the track, and get in the talent show at Loretta's! I have a hell of a dance outfit! Red and white...you know the one Sharc...u saw me in the air at RamJams last winter in it! :D

I guess I should throw out there that we have an electric golf cart for sale. It has lift kit, big tires ,high torque motor ect. It hasn't been used for a couple of years since we got the mule so it does need batteries (6 of them). The other day I was in Sam's Club and they had golf cart batteries for just under 80 a pc. I was surprised, thought they would be more than that. We used it a Lorettas and loved it. Charging is not a big problem since you are either on hookup or running your generater because AC is a must have.

Also, we got a hotel, so is it feasible that we'll be pitting in a different spot each day?

I have a hotel also but will leave my trailer at the camp setup with Zman, Rocket, Silvers on Stagecoach Hill. You should just park with us and leave it all there and then just go back and forth each day in the truck. What sort of rig are you bringing?

They do also have a day parking lot for those that are running back and forth to Hotels. I don't know anyone that has done that before, but I see the lot they save for those people on the way in. If you want to keep your trailer with you back and forth, there is always that option too.

And I could go on and on about where people like to park and the reasons they like to park there...... but it's a personal choice just like what bike you choose to ride. Some like the river bank area / beach, some like Stage Coach Hill, some like to be close to the track, some like to stay in hotels, some like to get out in the fields with lots of their friends........ everyone has a place they like to go once they've been there and seen the place. I've stayed mostly up on Stage Coach Hill and like it up there, but many friends prefer the proximity to the river of other areas which Stage Coach Hill doesn't have, it's far from the river.

Back