Good Suspension and or motor work

Bob Harrington at Pro-Action of Northern Ohio. He's located in Warren. I was more than satisfied with the work he did to my forks. I got them back the same day I brought them to his shop. Very personal as well, and has helped me over the phone with various suspension needs/questions.

X2

Bob Harrington is a good bet. Also worth a try is Kurt of KRW fame (southwest OH). He recently re-opened his shop in Englewood. Outstanding suspension setup and pretty good with motors too.

If you ride a KTM, Kurt has been working on them since they were Pentons. He was the Crew Chief for the short-lived AM Leonard race team from 1999.

bob @ fcr is great. He will do everything right in front of you at the shop. Give you a tour and show you the sweet parts machine he's got that makes his own components....and he encourages you to call him when you're riding and he will help you set it up right if it isn't already.

X2....Bob has bent over backwards for me! Even on my 125 that he didnt do the valving on. By now he must think he is on my red line.....

Perhaps Pit Racer can start a permanant thread (like Angies List) whereby some of these thoughts can be out there on regular basis. A list of sorts so we all can look at it when we need work done. It would benefit rider and business alike.

There is a review tab at the top of the page, I believe this is the intent of that tab.

Parma Dave is hard to beat. With his tooling background He is more than just a mechanic. He can not only fix just about anything but explain why it happened in most cases. He takes a lot of pride in his work. Always a fair price and rarely is ever beat by anyone as far as turn around time goes. I'd rather take my bike there than anywhere for the above reasons. He's done my suspension multiple times and has always had it within a click or 2 . There is no replacement for experience and Dave has a lot of it.

I`ll guess I`d have to X2 on that one Matt!! :)
Great work and quick turn around time.Usually,while you wait.Bustin out my KTM forks AND a complete suspension and motor rebuild on a RMZ450 tonight as a matter of fact. :)
Has some mean welding skills and has been known to bring some pipes back from the dead,2 and 4 smokers. :)

the question that isnt asked but should be is.... Do you break in your motors properly?? A fresh rebuilt 4 stroke motor needs to allow the parts to seat properly. You should never just rip on a freshly rebuilt 4 stroke unless you plan on rebuilding it after a couple of hours. I have run 4 strokes for over 20 years. I have rebuilt them many time and everytime I take my time to allow proper break in time. I have NEVER had a problem, and they last for a full season of racing. I always would burn a tank of fuel though my motors by running them at an easy pace. never any high speeds or high revs. Then i would change the oil after the first tank of fuel ran out. Next tank I would run the bike harder but trying to stay away from exessive overreving. By the 3rd tank you can let it rip. Four strokes can be a pain, but there are alot of moving parts in there with extremly high tolerences, these parts need to be seated properly or you will have a grenade every time.

Another question? are you running those *ahem* high quality No-Toil filters or some cheap air filter oil? I have seen a LOT of good build ruined by poor air filter prep / products. THe tight tolerances mentioned above will gett very loose very fast when even a small amount of dirt is inhaled.

Ive been running no toil and their filters for 2-3 years now with no problems at all.....

Now you can ask if what ever brand filter oil they use is being used properly. I see lots of people use spray on filter oil at the track. It usually goes like this....

#1 spray oil on filter. No need to properly squeeze it into the filter and evenly distribute it throughout the foam...
#2 install filter into bike
#3 get on and ride. No need to let it dry either......

Yeah, that protects your motor

Back