New Vienna, a step in the right direction

day181

PR Elite
Staff member
With many tracks rained out yesterday I found NV open with dry conditions and a decent forecast. I was pleasantly surprised with the changes Mike has made in the last couple of years. They've combined two C tracks into one big track and doubled the width making it one of the fastest tracks I've ridden in a long time. From the sidelines it looked like one big C track but I found myself winding out 3rd gear on a 450 in a couple sections making it as rough and tough as you can handle. There's a 80 and 90' table and a fun roller section, a bunch of smaller jumps but a giant 3rd gear sweeper claims the spotlight.

They're open and prepped every Wed, Sat/Sun. Midday prep at 3:00 on weekends. Definitely a step in the right direction down South.

I've been on that track too, but I believe they have a track off to the right, or south, of that one on the side of a hill. Not sure. I've heard reference of it and seen video on youtube or it. Do you know anything about that? Been there a couple time as it's a good track for Matt. Though I'm not too thrilled about the kids on the track at the same time as everybody else. You just gotta be aware.

Check out the track guide at the top of the page, its listed under the D11 tab to the left......

Headed to RedBud this weekend but we're looking forward to getting back down there.

from new v facebook

guys and gals just to let you know it was not any rider that was trying to slam the "V" its another track...we prep our track every wed. sat. and sun. not just once a month, rather its hot or so hot that I know we will be wasting are time..rather if 2 people show or 200 its not about the money its heart, you either got or you dont. and my friends its here and it shows. I dont need to slam another track if I have a bad turn-out cause its my fault not others, so take a long look in a mirror the reflection will always be you..

Like · Comment · Share.

Dave Hamblin, Cortney Joy Hemming and 19 others like this..

Veronica Sanchez Wow!!!mike my respects to u!!!hahaha!!!good kid

17 hours ago via mobile · 1.

I have yet to see another track slam another track . I see others stepping it up now . competiton is a good thing

They (NVMX) have been making many small steps in the right direction. While Mike may come across as a bit southern, he does put all he has into the track. A lot of organics have been tilled into the track this year and the dirt is retaining moisture. The corners cut in nicely and the jumps are fun. And the sweeper Chuck mentioned is a hoot. 3rd gear, full tuck on a 450 or 500 is common.

The "hillside" track gets prepped about 5 times a season, and that is nowhere near enough. Lots of challenging obstacles and modest elevation changes.

Some days it will get dusty. Guess what: we ride dirt bikes. Not to be critical, but have you been to DMC or TCMC? It gets dusty there too.

I like the place for what it is and will continue to go there as long as they are open. Of course, they are 40 minutes from my house and only 30 minutes from work.

It's been a couple of seasons since i went to DMC, but from what I remember of DMC's layout, there are 2 jumps at NV that are the same distance.

NV's big double is about the same distance with similar run up to the face. NV also has a long tabletop that is kind of like the one that used to be in the back (going away from the bleachers) at DMC.

are you talking about the double right after the turn?
100_0895.jpg

I thought DMC's was bigger than that?

No, the double in the pic above is NO the one I mentioned. The "big" double I am talking about is 1 straightaway, tabletop, and 180 degree RH AFTER the one in the pic.

The double in your pic is small and quite easy IMO.

Does New Vienna still have a membership fee and how much do they charge for practice?
Thanks in advance.

Does New Vienna still have a membership fee and how much do they charge for practice?
Thanks in advance.

It was $20 for a day pass and $15 if you had a membership. Not sure what the membership fee is but I suspect it's around $10.

No, the double in the pic above is NO the one I mentioned. The "big" double I am talking about is 1 straightaway, tabletop, and 180 degree RH AFTER the one in the pic.

The double in your pic is small and quite easy IMO.

K, thanks. Gives me something to gage it with.

Back