Pro wheel rims good or bad?

Berkheimer#19

PR Addict
Planning on ordering rims today or tomorrow needing some in put on Pro Wheel rims let me know if you have used them and how they held up thanks.

I have a set on my RM144. They have held up fine but are noticably not the quality of rims like Excel or DID. But they are also a lot cheaper in price.......

Check into the Moose rims. I put them on my Yamaha and they seem to be a pretty decent rim and cheaper in cost.

I DO NOT recommend moose spokes. Havent tried the rims, but I put two sets of Moose spokes on our bikes and both of them had issues with staying tight. I didnt use new rims, just an anodizing job and it turned out really well. If you are looking for a cheap route, Kevin at Revolution Wheel (Manager at Kames) can lace your wheels the right way for a great price. Akron Anodizing only charged me $75 bucks to anodize four rims....

What about Warp 9. I see they have compete setups on motosport. Hub, rim, spokes, disc and aluminum sprocket. Pretty cheap. Like 319 front and 369 for rear.

I was cheap and re-used the stock spokes because they were in great shape.

Revolution wheel laced mine up and I havent had any issues at all.

What's he charge to lace them? And I may go with excels just because every brand uses them as oem and I know there good.

First, don't assume an OEM rim is made to the same specs as their aftermarket rims unless you have the specs.

Two, if spokes are properly torqued with a Fasst Spoke Torque Wrench they will likely never work loose for most riders.
still need to check them as part of regular maintenance.

Ask that the person lacing the wheels fills the nipples with waterproof grease. Makes it much easier to take apart or adjust if needed as it prevents seizing of the nipple on the spoke.

I DO NOT recommend moose spokes. Havent tried the rims, but I put two sets of Moose spokes on our bikes and both of them had issues with staying tight. I didnt use new rims, just an anodizing job and it turned out really well. If you are looking for a cheap route, Kevin at Revolution Wheel (Manager at Kames) can lace your wheels the right way for a great price. Akron Anodizing only charged me $75 bucks to anodize four rims....

Wow 75 for 4 is good deal. Yeah I was looking into new wheel sets but it's just so expensive. So I just bout new spokes with anodized nipples and powder coated the hubs. This alone with the wheel lacing still cost me 350

Just be careful they are not made in China. No Joke. We bought wheels, can't remember the exact brand, without realizing they were made in China. The rear one exploded when Chris was trying to qualify at Red Bud. The front expoded at Red Bud also but it was when he came up short on Lorroco's leap. The funny thing about that was there was still air in the tire. Go figure.

Good quality, good looking wheels, are never inexpensive. Always amazed at people riding round with loose and even broken spokes. Scary!

You would think the Chinese could make good wheels given the number of bikes and motorscooters in that place!!!!

The funny thing as I remember they weren't all that much cheaper. Chinese metals are like everything manufactured in China. It just amazes me that we allow so much of that in the country. Sad that just about everything you puchase anymore says Made in China. It is difficult to get away from it. Even somewhat expensive clothing at say Macy's, made in China. We wonder why the US is in such dire straights.

That is what you get unfortunately when everyone wants to buy the cheapest priced item. But if you can find American made items, and you can if you look hard enough in many cases, they are often less expensive than the Chinese knockoffs. But people are just to trained to go to Walmart thinking they will get the best deal!

Back