Track owners?

MX315

PR Addict
If you have a good rep....And it rains,You post that "track is good,Will be alittle mud spots here but besides that,Track will good"....My ? Is....Is it worth the 10-20 guys to come out and get pissed off that the track is a mud pit and basic unridable....Then those 10-20 guys tell their friends...and so on and so on....Instead just say Track is to muddy....see ya next week...Instead of opening and ruining your good name and piss people off....Outlaw?

what ever happened to the idea "just ride". As a quad rider i get that mud can not be fun riding in. mainly because quads have large fenders, which in turn tend to break when loaded up with heavy mud. I never understood why bike riders cry about mud soo much. I have riden bikes in mud only to get alittle muddy and a "small" amount of mud on the bike. (compared to what a quad gets after the same lap) The main idea is that it is practice, and unless you are the best mud racer around, odds are you could use some practice riding in the mud. When it comes down to race day and its muddy and you have very little to no expeirience riding in the mud then you have a small chance of winning. Like I said at the start what ever hapened to the idea of "just shut up and ride"?? Im a big believer in "old school" motorcross. (mud, rocks, trees... who cares first place is running the same track as last place)

I understand what your saying....BUT if the track is so muddy that your NOT even riding the track.....U have to ride on the side of the track...NOT the track!

I guess I am getting old....And did not want to risk it that's all....My bad to all the mud riders out there!

Embrace the mud! He who hates the cold and mud least will likely get the best results in any given class when it comes to racing in the mud. It is technique, but it is also largely your mental attitude toward the conditions. Accept it, love it, do better in it!

If you just want to practice for enjoyment and not to prepare for racing, or once you were a good mud rider it made little sense to go tear up,the equipment in the deep mud at practice.

Sometimes S€#t just happens too. We have driven 30 plus minutes to Dirtworld in clear skies only to get there and find it poured in the last 10 minutes... Sometimes that is just life. There are certainly worse things that can happen than deciding or not being able to ride one night.

I think its a split crowd on this one.
I like a good mud race as long as I don't have any double jumps to clear. (and I'm old enough that I shouldn't :) )
Just not sure how you hit doubles confidantly doing it.

So is your beef that you had to ride in the mud( or wouldnt ) or is it because the track owner said it was nice and it wasnt really.... it was muddy?

That I can understand. I HATE when track conditions are misrepresented. And I can understand, if you dont like riding in the mud thats fine too. I love it normally.

Sometimes all it takes is a few dedicated riders to run around the track to beat it down. Sometimes the track will turn out fine. Sometimes thats all the track needs. Sometimes they are just trying to get you out to their track.

I can't believe were complaining about mud when july was the hottest ever. Ponds are dry...track owners working twice as hard ever...ride and b happy with whatever is there ...

This is kinda like the c class thread! Not going anywhere fast lol. All joking aside I do think if you are PAYING for a service as a customer you should be allowed to voice your opinion in a reasonable manner. Sure as kids we used to love to ride the mud and then life, money, and the cost of bikes starts to make us somewhat jaded! On race day sure. Sack up get out there. But for the majority of riders that do this for fun as a hobby it's just not fun in the mud for some. Some bikes also do better in the mud. Many different factors for people. I have to admit with the cost of bikes sky rocketing it gets harder and harder for me to justify sliding around in the mud for open practice. I think it comes down to a lot of different factors. Some like the mud some don't. Like someone said above the tracks of course want to reel you in. They are a business after all. Just the nature of the beast! With that being said we should let this one die!

Ive always thought in today's age why don't tracks have a live web feed of the conditions? My guess is because it's only conducive for the riders. Not the track and it's profitability.

I understand what your saying....BUT if the track is so muddy that your NOT even riding the track.....U have to ride on the side of the track...NOT the track!

I totally get it. You are not alone in this IDEA! If the track is a swamp just say so. Don't get 10 -20 PPL Pissed off sitting in the lot or worse someone swapping out on a jump after they get there (waiting half a day and then going for it) and getting injured just to try and make a buck.
Tell the truth. "Not the, its a little wet in spots BS! when they know its a F'ing swamp buggy track. Tell the truth! Then the rider can make the decision, if they show up its on them. Sometimes even after a small Tsunami tracks can be shoved off and turn out decent, if you know you can't or are not going to do anything with it then Just be honest. Some PPL and quad riders may flock in and have a blast at least people won't be pissed and you will keep a positive reputation.

@MX724. Yes they are a business, and they should have an obligation to treat the customer respectably and with fairness otherwise they will stop catering to you and find a new business that caters to them as well, it's a reciprocating relationship just like any other.

I think this is a very good point!

If track owners are just in it for the cash it will reflect on the number of customers they have. Period!

track owners need to be honest, its not worth the bad reputation to make a few bucks. That being said sometime's there are things they can't control, for example a month or so ago we had an absolutely beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky, however there were reports of a storm near by, a lot of times we dont get the storms and we posted pics on our facebook page of the beautiful day and told everyone so far the storm didnt look like it was going to hit us, at almost exactly 4:00pm it hit, poured for 10 minutes and was done. We let people in, told them to walk the track if they wanted to ride they could come back and pay, we actually did get a lot of riders that night that stayed to ride but a fair amount left as well. Also how wet it too wet is subjective as well. last week we had some riders come up about 7:00 pm and say it was getting pretty dusty and could we throw some water down? So we turned on the sprinklers for 10 minutes and started up again, we then had another group that was upset we watered and said the track was perfect before and it was now too wet. The best thing to do if you dont like mud is avoid riding if someone states it wet in "spots" or ask them to be more specific or post pics, in todays day in age its not that hard to do, i post the pics directly from my iphone to the facebook page and on iffy weather days its been known to draw in more riders when they can see what the track conditions actually are. Also our policy is if you don't ride you can get a refund.

TC racing is explaining exactly how I was feeling.....No big deal,Like I said.....it was my call and I pussed out!

I had fun riding in hordendous conditions at western reserve. Mud isn't always terrible.
The "it's a bit" muddy track condition s are great. If its sloppy when you get there just ride it, track gets better if people woildnt sit on the hill and hope everyone else goes out to sling mud off.

Holy crap.... Whining crybabies. Ride or don't ride... but STFU about track conditions.... If you are able to ride your bike- hooray. If not... stay home.

As a rider and track owner I have been on both sides and have seen many scenarios. I can tell you there are few track owners "in it for the money". Many think we should do more and have better but you overlook the fact that we provide a place for you to ride. I always want my place better but it takes time and so many resources most would never understand. The comment about a live web feed must be a joke right??? The costs are crazy and then to say as a track owner we are trying to hide the truth??? Seriously? How many cameras would you like? Around the entire track? Any thing I've seen wouldn't give the true perspective any way. It could look sweet from that tiny, far away shot, only to find it being wet in reality. Or dry under the damp top layer. We have so many other things to worry about so you can have a pleasant riding experience, many of them things that never even cross peoples mind.
If the track is a little muddy and a few riders and some sun could bring it around by noon, why would we tell people they cannot ride that day? Maybe they don't care about some mud? With the lack of riding areas and hectic schedule of many people. If you give some people a place to ride and they have to cut a section out or use the water truck path for a section, at least they got to ride on the one day of the month that they could get out. I've seen this and the people are as happy as anything... Just glad they got to ride that day. Same scenario, but the sun doesn't pop out like predicted and another light shower that wasn't in the forecast comes, and just like that we're greedy promoters. Promoters that burned extra diesel fuel to try and disc down to some dry dirt for you.
Remember riding off road is NOT a right. It's a privilege.
Personally I'm not a big mud rider anymore. There have been times when after I spent the time (and resources) to disc, I thought it may not be very good and I should cancel. BUT it was already on my answering machine for a day so I better just let it go, and it turns out OK. Maybe not the best day of riding ever, but kids were pumped that they had a place to ride. And my closing that day would have ruined theirs.
Hopefully you easily got your money back, if you payed. If it ever happens here at TV Land, please feel free to come over to where you payed before you go out I will refund you your $20.
Most have no idea the headaches that come with having a public riding area.

In my opinion the OP was talking about misrepresenting the conditions of the track. That I can understand, if the track is really muddy and going to be that way all day then dont post its a little muddy but mostly good.

More often I see a post about how well it will be prepped onlly to show up to a dry hard pack dust bowl. That upsets me more than anything else..

In my opinion the OP was talking about misrepresenting the conditions of the track. That I can understand, if the track is really muddy and going to be that way all day then dont post its a little muddy but mostly good.

More often I see a post about how well it will be prepped onlly to show up to a dry hard pack dust bowl. That upsets me more than anything else..

This was in fact the OP. I was the one who suggested the live feed. Obviously Im sure there are reasons it doesnt exist. It was more of a thought at the moment Trevor not an expectation. Kinda like the traffic videos on the freeway. But you are correct it would probably be tough to gauge the conditions soley based on that. Nobody is pointing fingers here. If you have ever been told the conditions are good and you get there and they are not its certianly frustrating, but life goes on. you choose to ride or dont.

I also agree that often times a few guys and a few laps and the track shapes up. As I stated before, if your a paying customer you have a right to voice an opinion. provided you do it in a civil manner! Like Trev said just ask and you will be refunded.

I guess nobody got the "let it die memo"

Back