New Gear?

Meister

PR Founding Father
With all of the 2013 stuff coming out, im digging this years options! I was a sucker and already purchased some new Shift gear. Kames got in alot of the 2013 stuff from various companies this past week. All the new Fox stuff was back in receiving when I was in there last night. The new fox stuff is pretty slick, the 13 Fly looks good but I havent seen it in person yet.

Whats everyone wearing this year? Anyone get suckered in to the 2013 stuff yet?

Here are the two that I picked!

SMX13Gear03.jpg

SMX13Gear05.jpg

Now no one go buy these two sets or you will look like me! Haha!

The black gear reminds me of emig....still looks cool....what kind of deal u get for two sets of gear?
Moneybags ....lol

Yeah, the 2013 gear means closeout pricing on 2012 gear...... which is right up my alley. I'll look at 2013 stuff next year! I just got some 2012 Fly Kinetic Deviant stuff (Pants, Jersey, and Gloves) for $104 from Motosport!!!! Great deal for stuff I'm going to shred with knee braces anyway!

Yup, Ive got a set of green stuff that Emig wore at that time too (well, it actually was his lol).. I used to love that camo stuff and when I seen that they were making it again, I had to have it..

I dont think that theyre doing any specials on the 2013 stuff yet since its literally just coming in the doors, but im sure they may eventually..

Rocket, thats a good point.. Theres a TON of close out stuff at Kames too..

Yeah, the 2013 gear means closeout pricing on 2012 gear...... which is right up my alley. I'll look at 2013 stuff next year! I just got some 2012 Fly Kinetic Deviant stuff (Pants, Jersey, and Gloves) for $104 from Motosport!!!! Great deal for stuff I'm going to shred with knee braces anyway!

You need to submit some sponsorship resumes. You are paying more for leftover closeout gear than I am paying for brand new current gear.

I will probably stick to Oneal. I've worn it the last few years and have enough of the gear laying around, might as well stay consistent. I'll probalby pick up these 2 sets over the winter when the cash flow is a little better...

On_HW_RW_Vntd_blkBlu_0014_0.jpg
On_Myhm_Crypt_bluOrg_0012_0.jpg

Digging the orange and black, will be checking into Fox and Shift for some. Saw some at Roush when I passed thru, but no fat man sizes. I'm actually worried that I'll be forced to get inspired to lose weight, gear companies are dropping their largest sizes, and 38s just don't fit comfortably. Close, but no cigar.

Haha completely understandable! I bought mine snug in my "normal" 36 so I have no choice but to maintain being this fat or force me to drop some, but no going up.

Fly kinetic is what I bought last year and the pants suck. I'm going back to Fox 360.

Are we supposed to take gear advice from a guy that has ridden 1 per year for the last several years???? I'm currently wearing out Oneal hard wear stuff that is awesome, just didn't like this years colors as much. I had one set of Fly Kinetic gear and it's not durable, but only wear it a little and for $100 for a whole brand new set..... not bad.

I probably should send in for some sponsorship stuff....... but I wear whatever and think I like the choice of anything that I think looks good and is cheap!!!!

haha. In all honesty though. I absolutely love any Thor gear. It has also fit me well, tight around the areas near the bike, yet loose enough to keep the gear from feeling stuck on you. I have never had an issue with any type of tearing on thor gear, the colors dont fade much. Red did for me a little but nothing major. I still have Thor gear that I wear to this day that I have had for probably 4-5 seasons now.

For some advice, if any of you have never tried a set of "Vented" gear I highly suggest you purchase a set for trail and error. All gear is vented, but the specific vented gear is amazing. It will keep you much cooler and is very lightweight. I prefer to wear vented gear throughout the whole year. Even indoors.

Chris was sponsered by Fox several years back and we liked their stuff. The following year they cut out all amatuer sponsership so we bought some Fox gear. The rearend of all those sets ripped out at the stitching.We purchased new pants to match the Jerseys as they were lettered (one size larger thinking perhaps CHris butt was too big) and guess what they did the same thing. One pair after one practice ride. We were told that the style was not meant for a serious rider and it was meant for the weekend warrior. So we purchased Thor gear instead. It has worn well.

Meister. If u replace ur boots like u do ur gear hit me up. I wear size ten...prefer white boots.....

Haha.. Ive had the same boots since 08, before that I had the same pair from like 03..

I wore 08 shift gear until this year when I bought the fox, im just a sucker for shift..

Selling my orange fox stuff that I wore like 5 or 6 times though if anyones interested.. haha

Are we supposed to take gear advice from a guy that has ridden 1 per year for the last several years???? I'm currently wearing out Oneal hard wear stuff that is awesome, just didn't like this years colors as much. I had one set of Fly Kinetic gear and it's not durable, but only wear it a little and for $100 for a whole brand new set..... not bad.

I probably should send in for some sponsorship stuff....... but I wear whatever and think I like the choice of anything that I think looks good and is cheap!!!!

Don't take my advice... s**t... I was just saying and you confirmed it. Fly gear isn't durable.

Back