justin brayton

John250

PR Founding Father
Is it just me......but every week I scratch my head and wonder how this guy ever got to be a factory Honda rider. Definitely won't be there long after his contract is up.

I think he's a top 5 guy if he could drop the spell of bad luck. He did good in a lot of the SX's too.

I like the dude..

Yeah I agree. He is a indoor guy. And I am gonna guess he is gonna get clipped after the season maybe. But all as pretty much been to every race injured or not so that says a lot

Not saying anything against Trey Canard, but at least Brayton is racing every week. Canard got his contract renewed sitting on the sideline.

Canard has shown he has the speed. Brayton is running around in 19th place as a factory rider.

I couldn't agree with you more Canard def. has the speed, but how many races has canard raced in the last 3 years?? Also not saying that Brayton is a keeper, but he is racing week in and week out.

x3.

Cant forget about Canards hard charge in the outdoors when he tracked down CP for the championship!

With the tight MX economy, its almost as if these teams are putting their money towards the "possibilities" rather then the guys that on the gate week in/week out.

Top five from Red Bud:
1 5 Ryan Dungey Waconia, MN, US KTM 450 SX-F 1 1 50
2 10 Justin Brayton Fort Dodge, IA, US Honda CRF450R 3 4 38
3 7 James Stewart Haines City, FL, US Suzuki RMZ 450 6 3 35
4 28 Tyla Rattray South Africa, ZA Kawasaki KX 450F 4 5 34
5 800 Mike Alessi Victorville, CA, US Suzuki RMZ 450 11 2 32

Top five from Millville:
1 5 Ryan Dungey Waconia, MN, US KTM 450 SX-F 1 1 50
2 800 Mike Alessi Victorville, CA, US Suzuki RMZ 450 3 2 42
3 21 Jacob Weimer Twin Falls, ID, US Kawasaki KX 450F 2 3 42
4 10 Justin Brayton Fort Dodge, IA, US Honda CRF450R 4 4 36
5 29 Andrew Short Colorado Springs, CO, US Honda CRF450R 5 6 31

He also tied Dungey for 3rd in points in Supercross (Dungey won tie-breaker). Keep in mind he rode most of the season with a broken leg.

I think Brayton is a better SX rider than outdoor guy, but with the lack of money in the 450 class for rides...... he'll be gone as soon as his contract is up with Honda. He did pretty well in SX, but that is all but forgotten now.

So, if you were building a 450 team and had to pay guys, with Dungey, Canard, Barcia, Villopoto, Stewart, Wilson, Alessi, and Reed all under contract for next year..... Who do you try to recruit????

Andrew Short
Davi Milsaps
Tyla Rattray

I think Id take Brayton, an up and comer, over Short. Short seems to be on a nice down hill slide to retirement.....

Take John Dowd.....he seems to be getting more PR and sir time than any of the guys listed above.
LOL.

Back