Never forget....the beloved Blackwater

The mud fleas weren't doing a very good job at route 93 in that video hahah

I ran the last 3. This is 1991.

blackwaterpost.jpg

My Dad ran down there, remember it like it was yesterday, the creek (river lol) the band, the tent...He was the last bike to come in on the lead lap...Me and My sister stood there and BEEEGGGED that flag man not to leave...PLEASE sir "I kNOW" he is comin, please just let him get the checkered, after all this AT LEAST let him get the checkered flag...And that dude stayed there for at least an hour and waited ...(hence why he was the last one on lead lap) .....GREAT MOMENT!! And to those who have never been....pictures can not do it justice....BEASTY!!
Tina

Why did they stop running it?? I heard a rumor years ago that the EPA shut it down, but didnt ever find out any truth to it or not. I had never seen it personally, but I have seen alot of videos about it and they all consisted of that river hill climb. lol

Thats me on the red KE175 Kaw in the front of the pic with the green vintage 70's jersey. Even back then I was 10-15 years behind!

That's awesome! I'm going to look for you in the videos I have

That's awesome! I'm going to look for you in the videos I have

If you have the one called "Mud Wars" I appeared in that one shortly after this photo was taken. Right after I had a very nasty crash on the rocky downhill, there was a camera and mic in my face as I was lying on the ground.

Back