Need advice- New boots

mxpilot

PR Elite
Strange thing happened on the way to ride this weekend. I'm cleaning my bike and gear from practice the other day, and I notice a gash in the inside of my right boot (Fox F3s). It is all the way thru, only nylon and a little padding between outside and my foot. Appears to have been caused by my brake lever on my KTM. Wouldn't have thought it was that sharp, but the damage is done.

I've had 2 pair of boots since the Fox Formas with the Minnie Mouse lining came out, Formas and these F3s. The Formas were pretty right to size (size 10 tennis shoes to size 10 boots), but the F3s were a full size off (size 10 tennis shoes/ size 11 boots). I need to know how sizing runs on new Fox boots, Alpinestars and Gaernes. Not sure I'll be going to top of the line but likely mid-line (F3, Tech 8, SG 10) unless someone makes a compelling case for spending the big $$ on the top line. I don't have any good dealers here, so likely will have to order without the ability to try them on first.

Thanks in advance.

Nike shoes I wear a 10.5. Gaernes I wore an 11. My fox F3 RC editions (that the sole just fell off of) are a 12. The new instincts were a 12. Alpinestars were an 11. Jett boots were an 11. 661 were an 11.

I've tried a bunch on at kames..

In a stars if I wasn't able to buy a tech 10 id buy the tech 7s.

I really like my fox boots protection wise but I'm working with their customer service about the quality issue so we'll see how that goes.

Alpinestars Tech 8 run pretty true to size. I have had about 5 pairs of them. Would probably not wear any other boot.

I wear tech 8 size 10s. Where size 10 DC shoes....

My tech 8s have treated me well for 8 years. Probably time for a new pair. They're comfortable and the buckles are solid. Apparently they're not as rigid as I would of preferred by the end result impact to my foot and pinky toe at briarcliff...

Gaerne SG 10's. For the price/fit/finish, you can't go wrong. They are GREAT, tuff boots!

Sg10 are awesome boots. Allan and I both have a pair they have made it 4 years. I am actually going to try the new fox instinct boots. Allan will get another pair of sg 10.

Just bought my second pair of Tech 10's in 5 years. A practice crash getting tangled with another bike ripped off the buckle on the old pair forcing a new purchase. Parts are on order to repair the first set. Amazing fit for my feet and stellar durability. Many many hours on mine.

I have recently tried SG10, SG12's, Tech 10's and Fox Instinct. If I was in the market for new boots I would hands down buy SG10's. I currently wear SG10's and they are still like the day I got them. I wanna say they are 4 years old with 3 seasons on them.

Oh and I wear a size 11 Shoe. All these boots I tried were 10 and they all seemed to fit nice. 11 was little lose in most

I agree with Jon and the Lotts. I've worn Alpinestars for as long as I can remember up until last year. I felt like after fracturing my left ankle twice in on year, their ankle support wasn't good at all. When I bent my toes up towards my shin, the sides of the boots would buldge out. After realizing how big of an issue this was, I went out on the hunt for something new and with added ankle support. I was really impressed with the tight fit and ankle support/pivot of the SG10's. I ended up picking up a pair and wished I would have sooner. I ended up loving them. And they held up very well too. Even though I didn't get a ton of time on them.

Thanks for the input everyone. Had a chance to ride the other day, so I picked up a pair of SG10s at the KTM dealer I work with. They even gave me a good price without asking for a deal. The ride was rained out, can't wait to try them out.

I'm a fan of SG10's also and I'm cheap. Both pairs I own I picked up used and they're still holding up well (several years of riding on each). Here's a questions though, last couple of rides I found I was taking skin off my big toe on the shifter side. I felt inside the boot, and there's a hard ridge under the lining in that area. I checked my second pair and felt a very similar ridge. Has anyone else had an issue with this on thier SG10's? (I've since glued a patch of canvas inside the toe and it seems to help, like I said, I'm cheap)

You'll love them. I can't recommend gaerne enough compared to newer tech 8/10 alps. they just form to your feet and feel amazing. I had my sg10s stolen and now run sg12s, feel extremely similar and just as good of quality.

See, im gun shy when it comes to Gaerne's.. I broke my leg twice in them.. Although, they were SG1's.. The 10's and 12's do look a bit more supportive, but still scares me. haha

SG10's are great! I will admit after a three years on them they start to feel less supportive than new. But I suppose they should.

Back