Smith Road Raceway Wednesday 9-5-12 4-dark

mastiffmom

PR Addict
Practice as usual 9-5-12 Wednesday night 4-dark. Dirt bikes only, $20.00 for the big track and $10.00 for the peewee track

I would have to say that was THE best Smith Road race i have ever been too. The track was perfect, no major injuries, the races went fast and without problems and the weather held out till the very end (rain only lasted 15 min at a heavy sprinkle). It was a perfect way to end Smith roads race season. P.S. just because racing is over dont forget wed. practices continueing till winter stops everything.

heck i got a idea we should do like a teamed race event and time it. have like a 5 person team 4 bikes and one quad on a team . time it and do three laps a person. some sort of fun event .to get eveyone involved.when your not racin your a flagger. then have a cookout and end of the year a potluck thing

Thats not a bad idea.... or how about, a two man 2 hour enduro? One bike or quad (rider choice) per 2 man team , 2 hours of constant laps. the team that finishes with the most laps after 2hours wins. can not change bike frame or the 2 original racers. that would be fun to do. If there happened to be alot of riders, than set up two different races. example say the track gets 200 riders. thats 100 bikes/quads, put 50 on the track for the first 2 hours then the other 50 the next two hours. if you started racing at 9am everything would be done by 1pm. I did a couple 2 man 2 hour enduros at spring valley years ago and they were a blast. They had quads, honda pilots, dune buggies all racing the same track at the same time. Also i
f I did my math right ( have been known to be wrong before lol)... I timed the average rider on a bike on labor day. The average lap time was around 1.45. if you stay at that pace then your team will have done around 82 laps thats about 41 laps per rider if split equally.( I know some people that have a hard time going 6 laps in a row) Smith road is about 1.5 miles per lap, so total milage would be around 123 miles per bike/quad or 61.5 miles of riding per rider.

that would be alot of fun . and the only time your wrong is when your wife points it out lol.ya sounds like a plan . need to come up with a plan then see what kind of sign up before you commit

Back