Smith road !!!

MalvernMX

PR Addict
Just wanted to say that you guys had an awesome track today. The prep couldn't have been any better. We went to the first race this year and left a little frustrated to say the least. Decided to give it another try today and I am glad we did. Best track prep I have EVER seen at smith road. Thanks for a great day of racing. Jason and Zack

We had a great time out there too. Our race was immediately after the heavy cloudburst, and the track was slick, but not a mud bog which made it more fun for us. I know early track prep was guided by anticipation and fear of mother nature, but I think it turned out better even before the rain hit. Even practice was nice. After our race, our riders still commented that track conditions were not as muddy as a typical Smith Rd morning practice. The only improvement I could suggest is widening the track every place where it is practical and possible, such as the back whoops and the front jumps as its mostly a one laner for quads, but overall, the track rated 4 1/2 stars yesterday.

I can not speak for Smith road, but I can say that george set the sprinklers for a certain with. In turn that causes the narrow spots (like the new section). The track only has X amount of land to work with for one and two it would be a big expense to dig up the old sprinkler lines and move them out X amount of feet. If you consider time/parts/fuel it adds up to be alot of overhead. Again I am not speaking for Smith road this is only my opinion. Maybe someday the sprinklers may be moved to widen things but who knows if or when.

Back