Anybody go to Smith Rd. on Monday?

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
We b!tch when the track is crappy, so we gotta give props when the track is sweet-- right? Even though I just ride pit bikes-- I gotta hand it to Larry and Co. The damn track was fantastically prepped this time. It may be the first time in 25 years of riding there, that I went out for practice, and it wasn't a mud bog! I saw Jason R. briefly-- and it was the happiest I've seen him there! haha! The track met his approval as well-- that's saying alot!

Great turnout, great racing, REALLY cool plaques as prizes, the day moved along pretty well, with good organization.

I'd prolly rather have the six pack in the back up in the front where the old six pack was-- (just for old times sake), and have the first one the same all the way across. I'd do this because it gives the spectators something cool to watch when the good riders hit them three at a time. Plus-- when there's carnage-- the medics won't have to go as far to pick up the downed riders.

Since it was Jocs' last race, I asked to get a pic with him, and if he'd sign my plaque. I think it made him happy. He actually teared up a little. He's been a fixture at Smith Rd. for about as long as I've been alive-- and I'm well past 40. --L*64

We b!tch when the track is crappy, so we gotta give props when the track is sweet-- right? Even though I just ride pit bikes-- I gotta hand it to Larry and Co. The damn track was fantastically prepped this time. It may be the first time in 25 years of riding there, that I went out for practice, and it wasn't a mud bog! I saw Jason R. briefly-- and it was the happiest I've seen him there! haha! The track met his approval as well-- that's saying alot!

Great turnout, great racing, REALLY cool plaques as prizes, the day moved along pretty well, with good organization.

I'd prolly rather have the six pack in the back up in the front where the old six pack was-- (just for old times sake), and have the first one the same all the way across. I'd do this because it gives the spectators something cool to watch when the good riders hit them three at a time. Plus-- when there's carnage-- the medics won't have to go as far to pick up the downed riders.

Since it was Jocs' last race, I asked to get a pic with him, and if he'd sign my plaque. I think it made him happy. He actually teared up a little. He's been a fixture at Smith Rd. for about as long as I've been alive-- and I'm well past 40. --L*64
Joc was really touched by all the people who turned out to say good bye, grab a pic with him, share some cake and ask him to autograph their plaques. He made a point to tell us how much it meant to him and he hopes to make a road trip up here next summer he's going to ask George to come with him. Thanks for the positive feedback, its been a crazy summer trying to learn how to run the track and how to perfect the prep and we are glad the last race of the season ended so well. Thanks for everyones continued support through this learning process.

What a great day at the track!
Track prep was great, the whole crew did a nice job and good fun racing again.
See you next time for sure....

Back