Route 62 Indoor... Old Bighorn

Trying to figure out if I should build an indoor track for winter?? Any input would be great! We could have pit bike races too?? Thanks for any help with this!!

YES!! Definitely need an indoor track!! Pit bike races...EVEN BETTER! lol I know atleast a few people who will show for that, and im sure many more will as well! Nice to have an indoor place, that's not 2 hours away.

Tough call, I would say if you pay the lease through the winter give it a shot. Folks are always excited about it and say they will come but not always true. We went quite a bit a few years ago and about 5 times last year. Turnouts were so-so. It is tight so a simple layout that attracts all levels of riders is a must. I think not being open too often may help, unless you don't mind the overhead for just a few riders some days. I'm all for it and we will come support you as much as we can, seat time is seat time no matter what and we can't afford to fly south for the winter. You will have your whiners, which you have already seen and there is no pattern to what day is best. Give it a try, maybe take a poll for oddball practice days other than just every weekend. Maybe even try to sell a winter pass to guarantee a bit of money up front. Good luck and we think you have done a fine job on your outdoor facility. May see ya this weekend! Oh, shame on you for making me think of winter already! Lol.

Tough call, I would say if you pay the lease through the winter give it a shot. Folks are always excited about it and say they will come but not always true. We went quite a bit a few years ago and about 5 times last year. Turnouts were so-so. It is tight so a simple layout that attracts all levels of riders is a must. I think not being open too often may help, unless you don't mind the overhead for just a few riders some days. I'm all for it and we will come support you as much as we can, seat time is seat time no matter what and we can't afford to fly south for the winter. You will have your whiners, which you have already seen and there is no pattern to what day is best. Give it a try, maybe take a poll for oddball practice days other than just every weekend. Maybe even try to sell a winter pass to guarantee a bit of money up front. Good luck and we think you have done a fine job on your outdoor facility. May see ya this weekend! Oh, shame on you for making me think of winter already! Lol.

It is a tough call....... I have had a LOT of good feedback. I am thinking about a 4 race pit bike series? 1 a month starting in Nov and finish in Feb. Thanx for all the feedback!

Back