Indoor pit bike series?

Isn't that where the old Big Horn-y was?

If you were going to do a pit bike series-- I wouldn't do more than two or three at the most. If you do too many-- the attendance drops. We had that problem at the Ram Jam races a few years ago. Make the track relatively easy and fun too. Then the old guys/dads and kids will come out to race. If it's too gnarly- only a select few will show up. The Splitrail track was a work of art IMO. Rideable for any type of bike or rider. --L*64

Isn't that where the old Big Horn-y was?

If you were going to do a pit bike series-- I wouldn't do more than two or three at the most. If you do too many-- the attendance drops. We had that problem at the Ram Jam races a few years ago. Make the track relatively easy and fun too. Then the old guys/dads and kids will come out to race. If it's too gnarly- only a select few will show up. The Splitrail track was a work of art IMO. Rideable for any type of bike or rider. --L*64
Yes old Big Horn. Splitrail did have a fun track track.

Are you going to do awards or series awards? I think you should have 1 a month. As far as classes go, I would do 10" stock and mod, 12" stock and mod. A open class and if you have the numbers do 30 and 40 plus.

Oh yeah. I went to Big Horn-y before. It was small, but fun. Shoulda probably called it "Little Horn". Is Rt. 62 MX the same guy that was running it before?

We could do a couple ride day/nights with some unofficial races? That's always fun too. It kinda seems like the ride nights bring all the classless and underpowered bikes and riders out. Then bring out food and drink and have a party in the pit area afterwards. With a band and strippers too... hahaha! --L*64

Are you going to do awards or series awards? I think you should have 1 a month. As far as classes go, I would do 10" stock and mod, 12" stock and mod. A open class and if you have the numbers do 30 and 40 plus.

I like your idea of classes, don't want to many for sure. I was thinking 2 a month but luckystar64 has a good point about the attendance dropping. Maybe start in Nov. thru Feb?

I like your idea of classes, don't want to many for sure. I was thinking 2 a month but luckystar64 has a good point about the attendance dropping. Maybe start in Nov. thru Feb?
Sounds good to me. You can always see how it goes and riders want 2 a month then you can do it. I would say for sure only 1 in Dec. There are always Christmas parties and family obligations.

2 per month? There's no way. I was thinking two or three at the most all winter long. I used to race at Ram Jam all the time when they had pit bikes. The first race in November was always a smash hit. Then comes the holiday season... then comes the Summit indoors... twice! Lotta guys tear their bikes down in the winter too. I'd do November, then January, and call it good. Make the track easy and fun, and turn it into a party.

The pit bike guys are like vintage guys. They seem to like working on the bikes, and talking about riding and racing the bikes. When push comes to shove-- they simply don't show up for many events. --L*64

2 per month? There's no way. I was thinking two or three at the most all winter long. I used to race at Ram Jam all the time when they had pit bikes. The first race in November was always a smash hit. Then comes the holiday season... then comes the Summit indoors... twice! Lotta guys tear their bikes down in the winter too. I'd do November, then January, and call it good. Make the track easy and fun, and turn it into a party.

The pit bike guys are like vintage guys. They seem to like working on the bikes, and talking about riding and racing the bikes. When push comes to shove-- they simply don't show up for many events. --L*64

I meant to say 2 this winter..... not 2 a month! I dont believe 2 a month would work at all. Thanks for catching that!

Back