Red's Ride Day - REPORT

faithlove617

PR Addict
Red’s Ride Day Report

Purpose to Go!

In The Making!
To truly give Red’s Ride Day it’s full worth…you have to look backwards. This day was years in the making through joy and suffering, gain and loss, good and bad, tears and smiles, ups and downs, victory and defeat, triumph and failure. The inspiration of this event stems from one thing…LOVE!
I started riding at a young age with my brothers and sisters. It’s what our family did together, that is until my family fell apart through much conflict. This transcended into all areas of my life good and bad from family to school to work to my personal life. From anger, hatred, cursing, drugs, drinking, smoking, lying, stealing, and cheating to salvation. I have to give full thanks to God and His Son Jesus Christ for changing my heart towards people, life and most importantly for paying the high cost of my sin.
Malvern Racing is my local track where I would spend every moment possible I could as a kid and young adult. God literally used motocross and the people within it to save my life. Different aspects ranging from riding to friends to jobs to leadership. If it wasn’t for motocross, I fear to think where I would have ended up. So this event in its nature is completely and entirely God’s work. The entire purpose is to bring people together and give thanks, to acknowledge the reality of life, to the relationships in our lives. To the importance of banding together than being divided. God really has changed my heart.

First Steps!
For something of this nature to be achieved or anything worth doing in life; it takes, inspiration, dedication, work, follow through, and stick-to-it-ive-ness! It takes resources for things to happen. This started as just a family motocross event before where I wanted to have a family ride day, to give back to what has been so good to me. Then it turned into “possible next year’s idea”…a memorial/fundraiser for injured and fallen local riders like Tanner Stine, Ron Boyas, Scott Scarvelli, Ryan Reddick, Charlie Dunaway, Tyler Rockstroh, Stephen Barrington, Josh Strouble, and now Clint Zentner. Once news broke of Clint, the focus shifted directly on Clint. The Motocross Family is something special. Every great journey begins with one step!

I started talking to friends and associates to build resources and the idea…to promote a good event.

Thank You...Wimsatt Family, Kames Sports, Malvern Racing, Johnson Family, Outlaw Enterprises, Finley Plumbing, Randy’s Automotive, Suffield Motors, FCR Suspension, OIR, Briarcliff, Apple Cabin, Wilmo, Joc Moto-X, Bair’s Polaris Victory, Zentner Family, Bair Family, MJR Racing, Morgner Family, Rogers Family, Leidel Family, Fabulous Floors, Reddick Family, RAMJAM, First Baptist Church of Jackson, SENT, Clark Family, WISECO, Pro Driven Graphics, Ariel Meyers, Bee Family, Kapas Family, The Motocross Family and many individuals who lended a helping hand.

RAIN!
In possibly one of the hardest business-type decisions I had to make…changing the date. I prayed and sought counsel and thought. Then I called off work to begin the 10 hour process of communication, thankfully no one pulled into Malvern Saturday. With so much resting upon the turn-out, it worked out for the best. Sorry to cause any inconvenience for anyone.

WORK!
About 40 man hours of setup went into the physical make-up for Sunday the prior two days before the event and a mad dash on Sunday morning along with all the leg the months prior. With changing the date, it caused positions to be empty that were once full and just an entire re-arranging of help.

Rise and Shine!
No turning back now, the day was here and set to unfold. I rose early and was at the track a little after 5am. Kept polishing away on details and set-up. People started arriving, sun was rising and the ball was rolling. Track was looking good. Skyline was beautiful. It started off great. I was both fearful and excited, really full of emotion. Once the help showed up and people started rolling in my heart was set to ease and just went with the flow. We had about 500 people and about 240 riders…spectacular!!!

The Purpose Fulfilled!
Clint Zentner would be arriving about 11:30 am. The parking lot was full and the event was in full swing. Clint was so excited in the days leading up to the event. He was very encouraging throughout the whole process. As established, in the beginning, the hope was to bring people together through motocross. We as a motocross family were able to say farewell to family member Joc! We were also able to lift the spirit of two men, Clint and Josh, while also touching the heart of their families. Thank you everyone!

The Day!
The day was GREAT!!! It was beautiful outside and the track was primo, shaping into some challenging but fun riding. I even crashed in my first lap out right in front of the man whose bike I was riding, right over the bars after cross-rutting in a turn. Lots of rider showed up to support the event which was very encouraging. Last time I recall seeing something like this was Tanner Stine died. It was joyful to see people smiling and most of all the smiles from the men we were supporting. Ryan Reddick even showed up…that dude was ripping around the track. In one of the inspiring stories in our local moto scene, Ryan was a sight to behold. It was good for Clint to see where he can work too, that life is still very much in front of him, in front of all of us. Everyone really seemed full of joy on this day.

Life Lessons!!!
How do we face adversity? How are we living? What do we have to be thankful for?
Wow, this day brought forth much realization about life. Realizing anything can happen in life at any time. Realizing we must press forward no matter the odds or difficulties set before us. These riders; Clint, Ryan, Josh, and Joc truly pricked my heart about life. From knowing we each have the opportunity to dedicate ourselves to something, to work hard at, knowing we are not alone in this walk through life. Seeing someone overcome such tragedy to live a victorious life. We always have much to be thankful for no matter what is happening. Here in America, even in our worst days, we still have it very good. We have the freedom and responsibility to live right and do good things. What people in your life can you influence with love? These questions are ones we should seriously consider the answers to. We must press forward in life!

In the end after all expenses paid, we raised a total of $3895 for Clint and Josh. I learned many things that day and would gladly do it all over again. I am thankful for what we raised but also believe we could have done better, I could have done better. I will approach this differently next time in the format of a fundraiser. This will be an annual event dedicated to our local motocross family!

The people we supported are greatful and the day was a SUCCESS!!!

Please come support Clint at Western Reserve on Oct. 6th!

Anyone willing, please offer your perspective on the day, it would be encouraging to Clint and everyone involved. I didn’t get to see a lot that went on due to my position, so please speak up!!!

P.S. The company I work for has donated a 24x16 concrete pad to the Zentner Family!!!

Clint 1.jpgclint 11.jpgclint 10.jpgclint 9.jpgclint 8.jpgclint 7.jpgclint 6.jpgclint 5.jpgclint 3.jpgClint 2.jpgclint 4.jpg

Back