High Point Vet National

MX099

PR Addict
Todays Vet National may have been the best in a long time. Turn out was very low 13 motos. Last three were kids practice motos (5 laps each). They didn't flood the track Friday so practice was dry. A lot of rocks, but the track flowed real well. I would say races were finished around 3:30. Weather was great less than 30 minutes of rain all day. The sun was out 80% of the time.

Well for what it counts for, i have gone 11 yrs straight, i have seen good turn out and low turn outs but i say when you can race Mt. Morris with guys your own age and see all there faces of joy just being to be able to still race at this age, myself included, you can beat being on that track for the vet ntl.. This yr MX099 was right the track flowed perfect this yr. and was fun, the temp. was perfect for racing compared to the hot we have had all yr, the little rain we got was perfect for watering the track and it keeped the dust down after that. As for the event sucking, there has been plenty of that around our area also.

HP Vet National has been in and out of my list since 1995. This year we bagged it after going the last several years and not being impressed with the effort they put into it.

HP Vet National has been in and out of my list since 1995. This year we bagged it after going the last several years and not just being impressed with the effort they put into it.

The Coombs` dont have time to do much track prep because they are still counting the money made from the 2011 Lorettas!

The Coombs` dont have time to do much track prep because they are still counting the money made from the 2011 Lorettas!

So in your opinion MX, which is a business should be nonprofit? There are hundreds of family's each year who participate in LL and don't have a problem with who makes what. You must also believe in redistribution of wealth as well. And by the way the track was preped fine Saturday.

all i know is i ran 2 classes and with practice and the my class races i go 40 laps on the track, more than i have gotten at any local track, and it was fun, every minute of it.

It was definatley good, maybe the most fun at HP that ive had. True that it had lost its mojo recently but they really wanted to spice it up a bit with th 2 day event, dinner, entertainment and a Hare Scramble on Sunday as well. I complimented the promoter on the track prep, they kept the dirt on the track and did not over soak it. It was dry but not dusty and the track finally flowed. There is talk about a GP on saturday next year as well. Just like #62 i counted my laps and it totaled 60!

Back