What ever happened to spring valley???

Lo312gan

PR Member
I use to ride this track in highschool and loved it, but after being out of the sport for the better part of six years I finally get back on the bike and its like this track never existed... can anyone tell me what happened? Does anyone still ride there? Will it ever open again? Just to be clear I'm talking about the same spring valley that had the "jaw breaker".

I think its used as private hunting ground now. Dont think anyone is allowed to ride there. What happend in a nutshell is too many people trying to screw each other out of the "buisness" and the land owner got fed up, and told everyone to get lost.

That really sucks id love to see that track open again, me and my brother used to ride our bikes down to that track before we could even drive. I think I drove back that lane a few years ago and the track was still exactly the same with exception of not a single sound and a lot more grass.

that was one of the funner cra tracks! some dust issues in pro motos i raced there back in the day though.

Gary ( the owner of the property ) told me one time he was tired of the mx scene so he rented to a hunting club and wouldnt rent to another mx track......

Spring Valley

Gary ( the owner of the property ) told me one time he was tired of the mx scene so he rented to a hunting club and wouldnt rent to another mx track......

I live a few miles away from Spring Valley and this past summer I was out for a ride on the Harley so I came back by the track so I rode back the lane(the chain was down) and there was no one around.
Track all grown up didnt look like it was ridin on in a long time.
This was always my favorite track,got life flighted out of there one time doing the uphill triple in the pro section.
Jumped that section a hundred times but sure screwed up once.
Still was my favorite,put alot of laps around that place.
I am not sure if Gary still owns the ground or if he sold it.
I have heard it is a hunting group now that uses it.
I know a few different guys rented and ran it there for awhile.
I think Eric may of had it last,raced and rode with the man that had it before Eric but cant remember his name,I think he rode a Honda maybe #77
I wish some of those tracks were still around,seems like when some of those tracks quit is when racing started falling off.
That and everything got so expensive

Ya it sure was a fun place it would be awesome if it were to open back up by some miracle, and at this point in time I actually think the track would prosper. I personally don't have any tracks around me that aren't 1hr15min drive or more. But from what I'm hearing the future of this track isn't looking too promising....

1hr 15 ain't bad. I only have 2 under the hour window and they're not wonderful.

I gotta drive 2 to get to Malvern. And 3.5 to get the cliff.

Ya that would suck because in my opinion malvern is one of the better tracks around, too bad they raised there prices.. and I still have yet to make it to the cliff yet I heard its worth the trip but its a 3hr for me aswell.

I loved racing there. I believe it took me well over 3 hours to get there. Little rocky but super fun layout.

Ya that would suck because in my opinion malvern is one of the better tracks around, too bad they raised there prices.. and I still have yet to make it to the cliff yet I heard its worth the trip but its a 3hr for me aswell.

Everyone has raised prices. They can't do this stuff for free. Diesel fuel ain't cheap. Neither are the parts to fix broken equipment...

Malvern is incredibly reasonable.

At the cliff, I've been told its got plenty of massive jumps.

there not that big, people talk.

AND BC and Malvern go the extra mile to give everyone the track conditions they deserve! We spend more moola to give better conditions, thats why we raised our prices.

Its hard to think Gary was tired of the racing scene being involved in the dealership as he was
Those are the people that keep them going
Bill Rose was the other guys name.
He and Eric did great jobs keeping SV in good shape.
I do wish it was still holding at least practices.
Fun layout and nothing hard.
Jaw Breaker was sweet
Had some nasty crashes there though,
First and only time I had a bike swap on me,
you know your going down just dont know which side of the bike its going to be.
Dislocated a shoulder there once,had help loading the bike back up than drove myself home,got a shower ,dumped the riding clothes and went to the hospital
Was always told to never go to the hospital in your riding gear,they would just torture as much as possible.
Just kidding,
Wow! lots of memories about that place some good some hurt thinking back.

Dislocated a shoulder there once,had help loading the bike back up than drove myself home,got a shower ,dumped the riding clothes and went to the hospital
Was always told to never go to the hospital in your riding gear,they would just torture as much as possible.

Haha... I can relate.... Broke my foot at Summit in January 1 year.... Drove home by myself after my buddies loaded up the bike... Crawled into the house and change clothes... Called my mom and told her I fell off the porch... Went to the hospital later that night....

the mechanic at the trucking company i drive for is friends with the people that own it now, it IS hunting ground that they bring people in from all over to hunt, I used to work at action (the dealership gary owns) and have friends who still work there and was told by reliable sources gary sold to this guy but not sure all the reasons why. Sure do miss SV though made tons of friends there, always camped out at the front gate back when Harrold Eddie ran the gate.

Spring Valley was a GREAT track. One of the first tracks I rode and was extremely disappointed to see it go. Would say the same about Scenic Highlands

there not that big, people talk.

AND BC and Malvern go the extra mile to give everyone the track conditions they deserve! We spend more moola to give better conditions, thats why we raised our prices.

Right, that issue was never in debate. Only a track owner would truly understand what it takes to run an operation such as thier own, point being in an expensive hobby such as motocross its just a bummer to see a start of inflation in any form.

Back