Time to Stand Up Riders

faithlove617

PR Addict
So it begins...Motocross Rising!

My fingers are numb and shaking a little right now with the fire i feel in typing these words. It is the time of a new era in Ohio motocross racing. Riders, their is no uprising of a foundation without something to be founded upon, a foundation that can withstand many foundations. as the dirt of the earth we roost upon.

As in the resolution of our constitution, it is our responsibility to stand. The constitution states "we the people, by the people, for the people". I submit to you "we the riders, by the riders, for the riders. We truly do count here. Key word "count"...so accountability. We are accountable, we make up the motocross family. WE ARE!!!

One more series name proposal and slogan...

Name: Official Order of Motocross

Slogan: Motocross Resolved

Founder, Owner, Operator: Motocross

Members: Riders

We have before us a reality of true motocross in Ohio. Take a look at this and begin thinking of the possibilities. As when George Washington lead free people to a free nation.. Men have decided to take ownership of Ohio Motocross, So must we. If motocross is now holding us accountable to act, then we must do so wisely, patiently, passionately, truthfully, and couragiously...and most importantly together. Many have come before us, riding alike that have sacrificed it all throughout time for us to be able be considering this, including the riders that can't ride anymore. It is that important...that we behave and do right, because riders this deserves our respect and appreciation as we move forward. This demands delicacy and care. For men, this is not our own, motocross owns us! We must treat this love, with passion for it to be pure and right. This is our lives we are talking about, that we don't deserve. This is real.

Man I am whooped, their is so much going through my mind

He's talking about the revolution that apparently is going on right now in Ohio MX. CRA v the new folks.

The point is excitement, something to look forward to. In other words get off the couch, change your oil and filters and go racing!

I see. Ohio is, and always HAS been one of the "hot beds" for MX in the country. No matter what sanctioning body you choose to race with-- or even if you're just a rider. Tracks to ride have always been available. The guys/gals that want to ride will get their a***s to a track and ride and race. Those who don't still won't regardless of whether or not there's the AMA, CRA, or something new. It's just what I know from being in and around the sport for the past quarter century.

Anyway- what's going on that's so exciting that our founding fathers are being mentioned? I think Thomas Jefferson would've got smoked by Paul Revere had they had dirt bikes back then.... --L*64

To arms brothers!

EXACTLY!!! This is real life and this is real motocross. I realize some of this is vague, for good reason. It's intent was to get you thinking. For one, I love writing, so I can get fancy, but every word is important to the context for sure. So in further explanation.

Our founding fathers saw a need for freedom and that freedom must be governed properly. Their would be no founding fathers if their wasn't a nation of people to be founded. They took it upon themselves to lead these people, with the support of the people, to a nation unlike any other. It cost many their lives and hardship. If it wasn't for people who gave their lives then and now, we wouldn't even have the opportunity for OMA, District X. So I am getting at thankfulness for one to live freely. Neither will OMA reach it's potential without a sure foundation. That foundation is upon the backs of the riders; fallen and standing.

Also history matters...Our nation didn't get to where it is today in one big swoosh. Our founding fathers built a foundation and then began to build the walls and so on. Now we have Military Force, Government Aid, Medicine, Technology, Communication, Infastructure, Order, Homes, Amusement Parks, National Parks...etc...motocross.

Jason and Jeremy or any of us did not create motocross. Jason and Jeremy or any of us did not single handedly build all these tracks around. It took time, work, people, resources and desire. What is happening now is kinda of what should be happening in our government, a revolution. The constitution even speaks to our responsibility to do whats right. This may seem a far stretch for some you...but it all really matters and is very relevant. I am confronting more so our attitude before our actions. This series should be about the riders, "we the riders, for the riders, by the riders" Jason, Jeremy and others just happen to be in a position to do something about it, they are willing to and are moving forward. They need to realize it is not their own, but all of ours.

The riders, what we have been wanting is now happening, it is our part to take responsibility in this. What track promoter would love to have to not pick up any trash at a event? What track promoter would love to not have to throw somebody out over unsportsmanship conduct, or not have to kick someone out over pit riding.

I am talking about being thankful as we move forward. I am talking about life and motocross, about character, about us as a motocross family. So many riders can't ride anymore and many of us still can.

I am simply saying this all our responsibility, we need to make this happen, and we need to treat it right. Im talking about attitude and action. What kind of men are we???

As for the attitude towards the CRA. I love the CRA and still do. They haven't been around for close to 30 years by doing something wrong all the time. You could also argue that they were "early bird gets the worm". The CRA has done alot for ohio riding, no if, ands or buts. And Peggy, that women works hard and cares and shes draws a hard line. We just can't follow the leadership of CRA motocross anymore. It is time to press forward, and press forward we must.

But now, we say we can no longer support the direction of CRA motocross, It needs to be handled differently and thats what is happening, move it or lose it. I think OMA, if true as claimed, should be thankful of and support the CRA, they still work hard for the riders...they have Harescrambles, flat track, motocross. Sure this is a hit to the CRA, but I don't think we should smother them in the OMA uprising. CRA is a notable sanctioning body, so much so that the AMA accounts for them when ruling against what riders are legal in what class when pursuing LL. How could we rise up and not raise up those around us??? We must lead the way.

What if OMA became big enough one day that it could represent the riding community to the government or the insurance companies about finding some sort of healthcare for riders/racers? In our days of comfort and complacency. I say it's time to grow up. Myself, first and foremost.

OMA is setting out to develop a new standard in Ohio motocross for now, I say along with that we set a new standard as a motocross family.

Us, our government, our history...it all matters. We are all in this together. I challenge you to face your own maturity before any one else as I face my own.

This is a call to arms, a call to be men, a call to be a series with honor, a call to have the right attitude, a call to STAND UP!!! We have a battle, and its much than us wanting a good series, or thinking we can pull it off.

Jeremy, Jason, Motocross family...if you want this, than be accountable, be responsible and do right with the opportunity before you. If so, I am in!!!

It all matters!!! Do you really grasp the reality of all this???

One of my favorite passages in the bible...

The Whole Armour of God!
Ephesians 6: 10-24
10. Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all to stand.
14. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15. And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16. Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the spirit, which is the word of God:
18. Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
19. And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldy, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
20. For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
21. But that ye also may know my affairs, and how i do, Tychicus, a beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord, shall make known to you all things:
22. Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that ye might know our affairs, and that he might comfort your hearts.
23. Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
24. Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.

Last...a three strand cord is not easily broken. Time to stand up RIDERS!!!

A little help riders. Usually when I post on here it's when something arises, and I feel the need to help shed some light on the situation. I am just being real with you guys. I don't think I have stated anything where you can say "that isn't true". So would someone please be honest with me...do you get the applications I am trying to expose through these illustrations? Or am I way out in left field? I realize some of you haven't meant me or I met you so it probably seems odd to you, like, who's this guy and who does he think he is? I don't care if you tell me I am fool, atleast your being honest. I am always trying to be honest, encouraging, straight forward, and real on here as well as the track. So please, some help? I do care about you rider...

A little help riders. Usually when I post on here it's when something arises, and I feel the need to help shed some light on the situation. I am just being real with you guys. I don't think I have stated anything where you can say "that isn't true". So would someone please be honest with me...do you get the applications I am trying to expose through these illustrations? Or am I way out in left field? I realize some of you haven't meant me or I met you so it probably seems odd to you, like, who's this guy and who does he think he is? I don't care if you tell me I am fool, atleast your being honest. I am always trying to be honest, encouraging, straight forward, and real on here as well as the track. So please, some help? I do care about you rider...

Jarrett, to the 95% of us out here who have no idea what is going on, you seem to be getting a bit little melodramatic. We are being calling to arms against what or whom? What specifically are we standing up for, and to whom are we standing against? Who is this enemy we are fighting here? I know its metaphoric, but I don't see where this has anything to do defending the sport from those by whom it is truly under attack, and I would not characterize the CRA as a tyranny from whom we need to be liberated simply because they are the only game left in town that has survived.

I too will say that the CRA has done more for the sport in Ohio than any other organization in histsory. Seeing Malvern split away is like watching you friends get a divorce and being asked to choose sides, when you have no idea what the points of contention are. CRA is stubborn and doesn't want to change? Thats describes most of us.

A split born of the purpose of growth and expansion should be celebrated for its potential. A split born of irreconcileable conflict simply makes both parts a smaller and weaker fraction of their former self, and often ends up in each faction trying to destroy the other in an effort to prove whose positions were "right".

While some are excited for this new creative freedom, I've seen this scenario enough times to be cautious in my joy. As with most of us out here who are not familiar with the internal conflicts, it is difficult to form a judgement or opinion as to whether its a good thing or a bad thing for the sport beyond being troubled by it all.

I can't really say that a once united sport is fragmenting. The sport has never been very well united, whether its CRA vs AMA, HS vs MX, bikes vs quads, oldschool vs overgrooming, but with the CRA, a lot of factions were brought togther. I'm getting a lot of vibes that this new group is reserved for one elite faction that they feel the CRA doesn't cater specifically enough to. Again, Im simply guessing based on the vibes I get form all these posts. I would describe this faction as the serious and experienced, above average bike racer, who likes an extremely well groomed track, races for points, is willing to travel and has the funds to pay for it. I don't think this rider is crazy about sharing the track with quads, (but might tolerate them if the money is needed), beginners, budgeters, and the strictly locals who race for fun on a few occasions, and dont take it seriously, or wish to commit to spending any serious money for memberships that they dont care about. This group seems more interested in cherry picking the existing pool of racers in Ohio as opposed to expanding it. Maybe I've got it all wrong. I'm just expressing the concerns in my head. Maybe somebody can convince me otherwise, as I'm open to it, and hopeful for it. Whatever the case, sombody was posting about why Ohio's AMA districts died, and I can only share my own opinion. CRA sent a message of "welcome to racing, no matter who you are, or what you ride" while the message I got from AMA was "send in your application and we will determine if you are good enough to race with us, if you can afford it." Are we re-creating another AMA district under another name or are we truly adding new opportunities for Ohio racers?

I will sit back and reserve judgment until I start seeing some real first hand results, cautiously hoping for the best for everyone. Then I will be the first to admit my concerns were unfounded, and throw out my praise and support. I truly hope for the best for all.

I too will say that the CRA has done more for the sport in Ohio than any other organization in histsory. Seeing Malvern split away is like watching you friends get a divorce and being asked to choose sides, when you have no idea what the points of contention are. CRA is stubborn and doesn't want to change? Thats describes most of us.

A split born of the purpose of growth and expansion should be celebrated for its potential. A split born of irreconcileable conflict simply makes both parts a smaller and weaker fraction of their former self, and often ends up in each faction trying to destroy the other in an effort to prove whose positions were "right".

While some are excited for this new creative freedom, I've seen this scenario enough times to be cautious in my joy. As with most of us out here who are not familiar with the internal conflicts, it is difficult to form a judgement or opinion as to whether its a good thing or a bad thing for the sport beyond being troubled by it all.

I can't really say that a once united sport is fragmenting. The sport has never been very well united, whether its CRA vs AMA, HS vs MX, bikes vs quads, oldschool vs overgrooming, but with the CRA, a lot of factions were brought togther. I'm getting a lot of vibes that this new group is reserved for one elite faction that they feel the CRA doesn't cater specifically enough to. Again, Im simply guessing based on the vibes I get form all these posts. I would describe this faction as the serious and experienced, above average bike racer, who likes an extremely well groomed track, races for points, is willing to travel and has the funds to pay for it. I don't think this rider is crazy about sharing the track with quads, (but might tolerate them if the money is needed), beginners, budgeters, and the strictly locals who race for fun on a few occasions, and dont take it seriously, or wish to commit to spending any serious money for memberships that they dont care about. This group seems more interested in cherry picking the existing pool of racers in Ohio as opposed to expanding it. Maybe I've got it all wrong. I'm just expressing the concerns in my head. Maybe somebody can convince me otherwise, as I'm open to it, and hopeful for it. Whatever the case, sombody was posting about why Ohio's AMA districts died, and I can only share my own opinion. CRA sent a message of "welcome to racing, no matter who you are, or what you ride" while the message I got from AMA was "send in your application and we will determine if you are good enough to race with us, if you can afford it." Are we re-creating another AMA district under another name or are we truly adding new opportunities for Ohio racers?

I will sit back and reserve judgment until I start seeing some real first hand results, cautiously hoping for the best for everyone. Then I will be the first to admit my concerns were unfounded, and throw out my praise and support. I truly hope for the best for all.

This seems to be the general consensus among most that I have talked with. I think we will just have to step back and wait to see what happens. The worst thing is we will not know the true effect until the first gate drops. I just hope we hear soon, I have some off season decisions that need to be made before the end of the year.

Very well said! I respect and understand your concerns. I am in NO way at war with CRA. You will never hear me tell you not to go to their events. I grew up racing in the CRA, and loved it all. That being said, a part of me is sad to take Malvern away from the CRA. My problem is not with the CRA, it is with some of the other promoters who put little effort into their events (their turnout #'s reflect that). These are the same people that sit at a meeting and dictate what I can and cannot do with my track and with OIR. Jeremy and I have been talking about doing something together for a while now, not to this magnitude, but a small series involving our tracks. It was made clear to me that that would not be an option if Malvern was CRA sanctioned. Why? Add to that me being involved with OIR and their stance on that situation (long story). The path I need to take to put on the quality events that I envision required the separation. I hope this did not come across as putting the CRA down. That is in no way my intent, I just want people to understand why this split occurred.

One thing I haven't made clear in all of these posts is that Malvern will continue to welcome the quads. I'm still on the fence about OIR, but am leaning toward keeping it bikes only as it has been the last decade. Still not sure though.

Very well said! I respect and understand your concerns. I am in NO way at war with CRA. You will never hear me tell you not to go to their events. I grew up racing in the CRA, and loved it all. That being said, a part of me is sad to take Malvern away from the CRA. My problem is not with the CRA, it is with some of the other promoters who put little effort into their events (their turnout #'s reflect that). These are the same people that sit at a meeting and dictate what I can and cannot do with my track and with OIR. Jeremy and I have been talking about doing something together for a while now, not to this magnitude, but a small series involving our tracks. It was made clear to me that that would not be an option if Malvern was CRA sanctioned. Why? Add to that me being involved with OIR and their stance on that situation (long story). The path I need to take to put on the quality events that I envision required the separation. I hope this did not come across as putting the CRA down. That is in no way my intent, I just want people to understand why this split occurred.

Im glad you said this Jason. I was on the fence of, Why this is actually happening. I have never been in the politics of ohio mx, and most likely never will. I feel that we lost alot of good tracks with D12, and im hoping that this does not reflect the same scenario. I started racing Malvern when I was 9 years old, at 22 now, that seems like a long time. I grew up hearing stories of the track back in the day and hope that one day when I have kids, they will hear stories about the same track.

This post really helped clear up the answer as to Why this was all happening. Anyway, I like you, I think you put in hard effort, and I know BC will follow suit. I honestly just hope that you guys get the turnouts that you deserve. Because the riders are what you guys need to make this happen.

You sound completely justified in your decisions Jason, and those of us that know you know your ethics. Most people would make this overly dramatic, but neither you or JO has said anything bad or demeaning about anyone or any of the other sanctioning bodies. All you're trying to do is promote your tracks in the most effective way possible and fine MUTUAL BENEFIT for both the host track AND the riders. THAT should be a sign to everyone that you guys are about making head way and moving on the the future, not just raking in the dough. Personally, I can see that you guys are not about some dumb interpersonal convict, and you are not badmouthing other tracks or organizations by saying that some of them are dysfunctional (because it's true). All you are trying to do is define what the quality SHOULD be, perhaps raise the bar a bit, and get events to happen where there are more than 100 riders there. There will always be a certain percentage of haters, so let them hate or be critical or however you'd like to term it. Faithlove may be being over-dramitic, but he is just trying to bring people together. That's something I feel OHMX could really benefit from.

Dont want to change the subject, but.... Why did OIR stop running quads? I used to love racing my quad there years ago. I heard it was because someone in blaster class got landed on by another quad and was seriously injured/death?? I live on the west side of cleveland and this happened before the internet got huge. I dont think pitracer was even around then. so i never heard the true story. If the story about the blaster quad rider is true, then what if a bike rider gets injured/killed will OIR cancel bike racing too??? OIR im speaking on behalf of all my fellow quad/3 wheeler riders when i say " can you please let the quads race too" I know that quads can sometimes produce a small turnout but 20 quads on race day is $500 dollars more than you would have if you didnt allow quads. Just curious ... not trying to start anything. Just always wanted to know the real reason.

Im glad you said this Jason. I was on the fence of, Why this is actually happening. I have never been in the politics of ohio mx, and most likely never will. I feel that we lost alot of good tracks with D12, and im hoping that this does not reflect the same scenario. I started racing Malvern when I was 9 years old, at 22 now, that seems like a long time. I grew up hearing stories of the track back in the day and hope that one day when I have kids, they will hear stories about the same track.

This post really helped clear up the answer as to Why this was all happening. Anyway, I like you, I think you put in hard effort, and I know BC will follow suit. I honestly just hope that you guys get the turnouts that you deserve. Because the riders are what you guys need to make this happen.

X2. Jason, thanks for explaining the situation a bit, even though you do not need to. I post and ask the questions because I care and I am also a bit of a liaison for the other miniquad parents. Jarrett (Faithlove617), always speak your mind and what comes to it. That is what makes you the person you are; a man of faith, passion and honesty. I enjoy reading your posts, it helps keep these forums a bit more enjoyable and balanced!

Back