What do WE want? Not in a dreamworld.

nitrofish

PR Addict
First off I know we all have questions and concerns about what is going on within our moto community. I did not want to hijack OMA's thread and I'm sure they do not have things finalized. So with all the hoopla of a new organization/series etc. What is it that we would like to see? I'm not talking just the new OMA, you would think others are taking notice too. Let's not turn this into a bashing/argumentative dealio. We all have different wants and needs due to different backrounds etc. So...Be greedy, be honest.

My thoughts are going to be based on the fact that I have a 7yr old that races primarily quads and on occasion his dirtbike. I would love to start again and it would be on a 125 even though I'm way to fat for it. Right now all is focused on him and our family time at the track. I will use last year as an example of what our racing entails. Being on a miniquad, we are limited to where we can race safely and feasibly. We raced 2 ATV nationals, a few AMS faircrosses, Fastraxx (supercross only), The Battle, CRA fair races,and Malvern every chance we get. We practice at Briarcliff and fastraxx in between. We plan on 12-20 races every year combined locally and nationally.

Wants:

Safe tracks and safe/controlled pits.
A chance to chase points realistically.
Broaden our horizons to try other tracks that will be miniquad/minibike friendly.
Pits that are maintained and adequate. That is where we are 95% of the time.
Adequate track prep with a smart running order for the kids, i.e do not run minquads or the little bikes after the track has been beat ta hell and back. I.e #2 Consider youngin's bed times and safety concerns for night programs.
Tracks that are friendly to the little guys yet give us a show when the advanced riders are out. My boy likes to jump too, he does not like to roll jumps. Malvern is the best example for us that we enjoy. He can short jump what is there, yet the big boys take it further.
Friendly atmospere with personal that will listen to your concerns and not take offense to it.
Fighting on the track is unacceptable and those involved should be asked to leave immediatly. It is not excitement in my book nor is it unsportsmanship that Jack needs to see.
Adequate seat time although we do not mind when laps get cut short due to the length of the program. We are usually ready to get anyway.
2 motos.
Fair rules and adequate selections for the classes we race, this is my most concern now with the "X-men" trying to shorten the class list.
Bling. I love to pull in and see a motocross track full of signage and banners.
Good announcing within earshot.
Feasability. We would all love to race cheaper, but I do not know how you guys (track owners) make it now. So we accept the costs and we budget our season accordingly. If we had unlimited funds we would run the entire National scene.
Awards. Not sure on that one. Jack is at that age and time where he has enough trophys and is seeking other awards like the option for a tshirt or other moto item. I do like the once a year events like big trophy night and other one off races. I do think it is necessary to give all beginner peewee participants an award of some sort.
I want to see the sport grow.
Free beer and Redman at every gate admission for me and a partridge in a pear tree.

That is all I can think of for now, I really gotta pee.

disclaimer: I did not proof read nor check for spelling or grammatical errors.

:) Matt Winland.

I want good racing, not any of that nambi pambi follow the leader crap. Lets see some guys going for it. Make a fist, now really squeeze it with every muscle you have in your hand. Thats the difference between winning and losing. Its the effort you put into it. I wanna see some winners.

i would like to see more prize giveaways to mini riders. Also i would like to see a podium for them and like a 1-2-3 plate and do it like a national for them. It means alot to the little kids. Also I would obviously like to see pro purse races with payout posted prior. I like big jumps but obviously safe for everyone. maybe a race with 3 moto format on a 2 day race and have fun activities sat afternoon and night for the people that are there but want more then racing. Trophys for the kids instead of plaques. and possibly a sat practice for the people that take a little longer to learn track.

i would like to see more prize giveaways to mini riders. Also i would like to see a podium for them and like a 1-2-3 plate and do it like a national for them. It means alot to the little kids. Also I would obviously like to see pro purse races with payout posted prior. I like big jumps but obviously safe for everyone. maybe a race with 3 moto format on a 2 day race and have fun activities sat afternoon and night for the people that are there but want more then racing. Trophys for the kids instead of plaques. and possibly a sat practice for the people that take a little longer to learn track.
X2
We do this as a family and love the whole race weekend atmosphere. Long all natural terrain true motocross style Difficult for the "A" rider but still ridable for everyone it is doable. Wow this is so exciting is it spring yet :)

I want to see the sport grow.
With everything you said and what has been hashed out on here, as well as OMA- District X, and with the motocross family, and with dedicated individuals...this will happen!!!

Matt is a prime example of the insight & attitude motocross leaders and the family needs.

Sorry bud, no redman or free beer...but BBBBRRRRAAAAPPPPP!!!!!!!

What are you talking about Nitro, you're not fat, you are built like a brick sh*t house haha! But in all honesty, I think with everything listed above from Nitro, I would say that Jason and JO both are striving for the same things in a positive way. (Just an example)

**Do not criticize my grammar.

Back