What are exact rules about this behavior?!

mcdade12

PR Member
I was at KROC this weekend and saw some things that i feel were what we dont need in the sport and feel there should be more punishment. I was dealing with enough dirty riding from a rider and that didnt bother me at all especially when he couldnt keep pace for more then a lap but he rode dirty with everyone and i saw him punch another rider. If you go to MXPTV and watch video from kroc it is in there. After he punches the kid i guess the kid ran him down and he was black flagged not the kid who swung. I dont know the exact story or exactly what happened but there is a better way to handle it. Ive been mad at other riders plenty of times and i know for a fact if i hit another kid i would be punished. What is the deal here?

Dakota Kessler punched Brady Kiesel by the way. Track favs? More to the story? IDk but does anyone know the rule?

I was at KROC this weekend and saw some things that i feel were what we dont need in the sport and feel there should be more punishment. I was dealing with enough dirty riding from a rider and that didnt bother me at all especially when he couldnt keep pace for more then a lap but he rode dirty with everyone and i saw him punch another rider. If you go to MXPTV and watch video from kroc it is in there. After he punches the kid i guess the kid ran him down and he was black flagged not the kid who swung. I dont know the exact story or exactly what happened but there is a better way to handle it. Ive been mad at other riders plenty of times and i know for a fact if i hit another kid i would be punished. What is the deal here?

Dakota Kessler punched Brady Kiesel by the way. Track favs? More to the story? IDk but does anyone know the rule?

AMA race? What sanctioning body?

After reviewing the rulebook, it seems like the most they can do at the race is DQ the rider. However, heftier penalties can be handed down by the AMA. Which include suspensions from amatuer events. Sounds like the referee should be reporting that to the AMA.

i think the riders were dq'ed. I was just reading under the video on you tube. I just know that last year someone took me out i caught them and they took me out again. So next moto they took me out on start i caught and slammed him off track and recieved a warning that lasted a year. I didnt feel like i did anything wrong even though i intentionally did it after it happening so many times. Its not fair that i got the warning and got looked at like i was an ass. Either way no big deal its not me i just wasnt sure of rules. Thank you

The Kessler name has been around that track probably longer than you have been alive Mike, so i am sure that the "local star" explains the treatment. I saw that on the video and thought that was pretty ridiculous though. i expect more from professionals in todays racing!

Back