Ready for a Dust-Free '79 Season?

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
BuckeyeRaceway1979.jpg

1978-79 doesn't seem that far back when you think on it, but that it was 34 years ago makes me feel a little aged.

How about the 6 amateur and 2 pro classes! Minimum 15 riders!!!! Lol...imagine that today? A bunch of pissed off people without 20 classes and racing more than 8 guys in your class!

I raced both of those tracks back then. I don't remember the irrigation system at Buckeye. I just remember it as one of the dustiest tracks we raced. Norwalk was a pretty flat track with some man made jumps. Only raced there once because nobody else was running races that day. The six classes schedule was pretty much the norm back then. I don't understand the zillion classes they run nowadays. Back then OIR used to run two twenty minute plus a lap motos. You got your seat time in back then.
Mike Hawkins

Moto sounds almost like a better place back then. I feel like one of the old guys at the track. But that buckeye page has a date one month and day before I was born. Reading how dusty things were back then and the mud would make most kids cry now. Thanks to the guys that came before us. You were men on machines.

Is that the facility on Rt 422? They seem to be having swap meets now. I remember a 2 man hare scramble there, froze my nether regions off.

That was it. 422, Parkman, Ohio. I drive by now and then and always want to take a ride with my jeep inside to see what's still there. After they stopped racing there, the name changed slightly and they used to hold music concerts there.

Mike Hawkins

entertainment USA was the concert place name I believe,still looks like fun to take a lap,should be going by sunday for the rifle range

Back