Opinions on split practices at Smith Road on Sundays?

mastiffmom

PR Addict
Hello everyone, We are considering doing a few more split practices at Smith Road but we want to know what the riders think before we proceed. As many of you know we have switched from Wednesday evening practices to Sunday afternoon for the remainder of the 2012 season. On October 7th we had a split practice, we ran bikes from 12:00-3:00 and after 3:00 we allowed quads to ride as well (bikes could stay). It seemed to work out pretty well. What do you guys think? If we did run these split practices they would have no affect on the Wednesday practice to come in 2013 those would remain bikes only.

I was there that Sunday and thought it worked out well. I was able to bring my friend along with me (he rides one of those car things) and we both had a good time.

Sounds like a great idea, you like the ruts then show up early! Best for everyone this late in the year, get in the riding while you still can!

I was there that Sunday and thought it worked out well. I was able to bring my friend along with me (he rides one of those car things) and we both had a good time.

I couldn't agree more.

I think its a matter of what you as a promoter want. If you want quads to frequent your track for practice, you are going to have to make a concerted and dedicated effort to build a quad following, which very few promoters seem willing to do, so there is a big niche in that market. This is a great way, from a business perspective, of building a loyal quad following over time without losing a lot of money, until such time as you have enough quads to warrant their own pratice. People's riding choices and habits are formed over years, and it will take a period of time with a track record to prove that you are willing to work for their patronage while they slowly trickle in, and I think this is a very wise decision with better long term rewards.

After talking it over with many of our riders today we have decided we will run a split practice Sunday 10-28-12. We will start at 11:00 am with bikes and they will have the track to themselves until 3:00 this will give them a solid 4 hours to ride if they choose not to stay and ride with the quads. Quads will begin at 3:00 and we will end at 5:00.

Oh dear, I can see the quad squatche-hunters now.....gonna be bringing the pitchforks and torches about that 2 hours limit......

Back