1991 High Point Vid

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Remember when HP had trees! Good racing too.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X79RD0srzoY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's how I remember the track the last ime I raced there. That's how long it's been since I was there. I probably raced everytime they were open from '80 through '88, then sporatically through '92. Another lifetime ago. It kinda depresses me.

That's how I remember the track the last ime I raced there. That's how long it's been since I was there. I probably raced everytime they were open from '80 through '88, then sporatically through '92. Another lifetime ago. It kinda depresses me.

You definitely raced with my dad then! I hear back then that was real motocross....

before this sport tuned into an "arial circus" there was really good racing

that track setup would be a nice outdoor "race track" pick lines up/down hill, some jumping but alot of racing on the ground as well

Glad I got to see that thanks for the VID, I was overseas.
"Desert Storm" was over and "Desert Shield" was in play.
Someone had to protect the "Wealthy oil investers inter".... ER' I mean, "Americas Interests and freedom" in tact!!!

At the start of the video it looks like George Singler prepped the track. lol Also I remember going to Malvern about 12yrs ago and it looked almost like that. Before the tunnel jump that used to be there a large pond formed about 2 feet deep! It was crazy.

I was there that weekend....looks like one of the very few back then where it did not rain.

My first race was at Hi-Point in 1978 on my 75 RM 125 & also raced a friends 75 Maico 250 which was the first time on a 250 for me.

Was a woods rider form WV so the track & jumps we quite something never ridden on anything like that before!

Went to many races & National weekends over the years.

This was my first attempt to qualify for a Pro National motocross race. I was on a Brunswick Suzuki backed 125. Bradshaw tripled over me in practice on the triple behind the start lol. I loved it. My dad was so proud just to be there in the pits. He was talking to everyone and anyone that would talk to him about how to make me/my bike better. Those were the days of factory box vans not 18 wheelers. So ALL the riders would stay at one hotel. Thats where tech inspection was done. All those factory box vans lined up in the parking lots...it was like motocross bench racing overload for him! We travelled with the Katin's and the Beech's. It was cool to experience the National scene for the first time as a small group of 3 riders and 3 dads. Especially all of us from the little CRA of America.

You mean to tell me that you havn`t been to HP since 92 and you only live 3 hours away? lol

Back