Where the knobbies meet the dirt!

faithlove617

PR Addict
Time to cut to the chase riders...

Everyone wants to ride, everyone has something to say...so everyone should ride and everyone should be heard.

Been trying to get a grip on whats going on here as a whole...as more time goes by and the feedback from people, I gain more of an appreciation for the riders and become more encouraged with the possibillity of OMA as Jason and Jeremy are being challenged by the rider community in their endeavor.

I think Briarcliff posted something along the lines that OMA will only reach it's potential if everyone is included...if this remains true...then OMA will be a success. OMA is different from other series for a few reasons...

They ride and race, they come from grass roots motocross, they care about the riders
They are fresh in this frontier...so they are enthusiastic, inspired, willing and unjaded. They will see it through.
OMA has 3 "power house" tracks, Briarcliff, Malvern, and OIR.
The riders want something like this to work.
They want to include everyone the best they can.
They are learning from history.
They have a vision of quality and integrity.
They have the ability, desire, resources and work ethic needed.

Their is only one way I can see OMA being a failure...they stop caring about the riders and focus on themselves. I am a self-appointed rider representative, meaning, however I am involved, I work for the riders, that is where I come from, that is my heart. I will be working at OIR and Malvern in 2013, I will do anything in my power to help this sport grow in a good direction for the right reasons.

Bikes and Quads...the battle ensues...it needs to end.

Back in 2004, I was invited to the Fox Ride Day at Scenic Highlands through Kames where I worked. I first seen Tim Farr ride that day. I was totally amazed at how fast he was. I used to bag on quads and still do, but now for the fun of it and I get it back from the quad riders too, just ask Jack Winland!!! The point is we all ride, and want to ride. Quad guys can be just as fast as bikes almost, I think they are nuts for how much more they have to deal with on a quad...because of physics...they ride a plane where bikes ride a line...quads are hard to ride. How can you not respect someone who loves to ride? For this sport truly to grow in the capacity we are thinking this fight between quads and bikes needs to end. We all take the same risk. We have got to help each other out, bikes & quads, riders & promoters.

Also, Jeremy & Jason, you two are choosing this venture in your life...that means you choose all the circumstances as well. So don't get pissy when someone tells you something, you chose this. Riders, these men are willing to bring OHMX together, so don't get pissy with them when they are doing the best they can and it is proven in their efforts. We must help each other.

Imagine if we can find common ground in motocross...you will make friends and each event will be enjoyable.

My biggest hope for OMA...please, please, please keep the family feel. It can be serious events, but keep the heart & passion of the people intact. Quality events with quality people.

One thing I am dead set against is a skimpy dressed women doing the numberboard...if these are going to be wholesome events, please keep out the trash...I would want to invite families with children to these events whether riding or spectating and don't want to see some half-naked women on the starting line...it's not what motocross is about. OMA can provide a atmosphere/environment that speaks to good character and the sport of motocross...racing!

Ya know, if all of our local tracks can follow suit in the most part to accept bikes and quads, it will bode well for everyone as a whole. Their is some obvious exceptions to that like OIR and Apple cabin just because they have restrictions on when and how much they can operate.

I don't need to type on here about class structure, prepping procedures, promoting, fees or any standard operations because you guys get it. What I am interested in is the relationships between all of us. If their is one thing I feel I specialize in... it is relating to and bringing people together, it's what I love.

So lets put our throttles where our mouth is, lets throw some roost. WE ARE MOTOCROSS!!!

Its not something that will stop me from participating, but personally I don't like it. Motocross deserves more honor. Europe draws droves of people for spectating...people will be more drawn to quality and honorable events than to see some hot chick on the line. To each his own I suppose...righteous roost is more important than deceptive skin. Is not having a girl on the starting line going to determine whether or not you race?

All aside, thanks TCracing! I guess chicks dig scars. Believe me, it's hard not to look - I'm a man too, but don't want to be man that is doing whatever in my thoughts while looking at women. Let's go RACING!!!

Its not something that will stop me from participating, but personally I don't like it. Motocross deserves more honor. Europe draws droves of people for spectating...people will be more drawn to quality and honorable events than to see some hot chick on the line. To each his own I suppose...righteous roost is more important than deceptive skin. Is not having a girl on the starting line going to determine whether or not you race?

All aside, thanks TCracing! I guess chicks dig scars. Believe me, it's hard not to look - I'm a man too, but don't want to be man that is doing whatever in my thoughts while looking at women. Let's go RACING!!!

I know you have a Christian back ground. But fighting has ring card girls, football and basketball have cheerleaders. Please don't write off our version of those, the lovely hip swinging 30 second board girl.

The girls look nice, but it can create issues on the gate. Like when someone needs more time, the girls dont know what to do. We are replacing the girls with a traffic light. Will that work Jarrett?

617 and I have a lot in common. I feel the same way about quads as he does skimpy dressed women. We just don't need them.

I know you have a Christian back ground. But fighting has ring card girls, football and basketball have cheerleaders. Please don't write off our version of those, the lovely hip swinging 30 second board girl.

Whats up Larry...i was trying to remember, who did you always ride with...I can't remember who I always seen you with at Mark and Aaron's? Glad your getting backl into riding man...I am too. Gonna race this weekend at malvern...either +25, 450C or extra, don't know yet.

No Larry I do not have a Christian background but I am a Christian. Don't pretend to be a Christian or anything else, just try to be real all the time. Oh yeah, I love riding too!

As for the girls...completely aside from any Biblical Doctrine...I wish I could tell people I waited till marriage, or have never been drunk or high or stole or lied or smoked cigarettes or never cussed or used God's name in vain, but I can't. I am right their with you guys. Yes that girl looks good and oh man one night with her would be awesome...is that not what we think amongst other things?

I look at like this...

Ask almost any Granny what they think of that girl...that proves a point.
If I had a son or was talking to any boy I would try to teach and live the right way for them to look at a women. I once heard an old boss say "women are the demise of many men"...we were roofers by the way. Any of you that have a good marriage knows the value of a good women. My dad for instance was with this women for 20 years. She had been diagnosed with colon cancer and thankfully went into remission. From all the treatments, she couldn't have sex for a time, so his excuse was "I am a 50 year old italian, I need to get laid" So he propositioned a hooker, needless to say 20 years down the drain. Was it worth it? It starts as a boy looking at that card girl. This isn't even touching on anything that happens in the pits.

Also, for any of you that think the terms or content is too vulgar...it's hardly short of anything any of us see and hear on a daily basis...man or child.

I still love my dad, we live together.

The girls look nice, but it can create issues on the gate. Like when someone needs more time, the girls dont know what to do. We are replacing the girls with a traffic light. Will that work Jarrett?

That will work Jeremy. Although how does that play out? Will it cost you more or less? Does it work effectively? I like having a card guy, its how it started before electronics, and he can respond. I would think you would have to have someone operating the light, the gate guy can't do it because he can't see all the riders at once. Someone in the tower could do it, but they would have to be located in a way to see all the riders on the line clearly and would have to have remote operation. The cost of a stop light upfront prolly wouldn't be to much and wouldn't have to invest in a new one for a long time. So would it cost you the same to have the light compared to a board guy? What looks cooler...card guy or light (no card girl)? Which one is more effective as a whole?

How is it that out of all that, the main point picked out is about the card girl? Is that the only point not agreed with or is that what we are really focused on?

Proof enough of how backwards things are now-a-days.

That will work Jeremy. Although how does that play out? Will it cost you more or less? Does it work effectively? I like having a card guy, its how it started before electronics, and he can respond. I would think you would have to have someone operating the light, the gate guy can't do it because he can't see all the riders at once. Someone in the tower could do it, but they would have to be located in a way to see all the riders on the line clearly and would have to have remote operation. The cost of a stop light upfront prolly wouldn't be to much and wouldn't have to invest in a new one for a long time. So would it cost you the same to have the light compared to a board guy? What looks cooler...card guy or light (no card girl)? Which one is more effective as a whole?

Red Bud does it. Good enough for Red Bud, good enough for us.

Personally I dont like the traffic light. I have been to a few tracks...Baja and Red Bud were two of them. I just dont like the feel of it. I think you need a card person you can see acknowledging your nod that your ready to go. Thats just me though

Personally I dont like the traffic light. I have been to a few tracks...Baja and Red Bud were two of them. I just dont like the feel of it. I think you need a card person you can see acknowledging your nod that your ready to go. Thats just me though

Does someone need a hug? Kidding. Simmer down. I like the fact that the gate guy controls it all. A solid Red means start your scooter (2 min), a Yellow means the card turns (put yur goggles on), Green means its side ways (rev it up), the gate drops in 1-6 sec after green. I know its alot to take in, but i think its for the best in the long run. maybe, maybe not. I will probably change my mind 30 times before now and then.

Never liked the lights either . Under certain lighting conditions they can be hard to see . Besides , the the card holder pointing down the line , engines screaming , and waiting for the card to turn all add to the traditional feel of a motocross race .

It would be nice them if the gate guy could come out of the front of the box say 10-20 feet and do the point down the line thing before going yellow.... is that possible? The light control could be located in the starter box. Or were you planning on locating all the controls in a high seat behind the riders like Red Bud? Oh too many options!

As for the hug, send the skimpy card girl down the line for each rider for that!

Back