CRA Newspaper

20121021_131452.jpg20121021_131441.jpg20121021_131412.jpg20121021_131336.jpg

I brought this up because of what is taking place. Chris, you were a fine example of the MX community. I only have 1 issue of each, almost every publication when you were editor. Let me make a copy of one page on the first issue and I will send it to you...you deserve to have it.

Thanks, i did the best i could for everyone. Would be nice if it could happen again, for all Ohio racing. I just think the costs are too prohibitive to overcome.

Somehow, in the excitement over the first one, I gave them all away without saving one. Pretty sure I have all but that one.

I think in this day and age an electronic version is the way to go. Im sure there is an ezine format out there that would allow it to look like a newspaper. It would be cool if people could print it off in a newpaper format, if they wanted to do that.

Im with Chris though, costs way to much to do the old school way.

Chris...you need to move back to Ohio, we need you!!! I brought this up mainly for what it did when it was around and with the person behind it. People loved the Finish Line...THEY DID!!! And Chris was the editor and he would talk moto all the time...it was always cool counting on seeing him at the races like Rich from MxFreaks. It would def be a cool idea to implement sometime again. Before it could be all of Ohio it would have to start somewhere like with OMA. Yes, digital is the way to go...Maybe on www.officialoma.com (just a thought as for website). You could also do 2-4 page reports to hand out at races like once a month, maybe with a race report, a rider interview, interesting moto experience of the week, upcoming events and schedules, advertisement from not just anyone, but from things that pertain to OHMX...stuff like that. If you had the budget at somepoint to produce full on papers and mail them would be really awesome.

Man those were the days Chris...I always loved working with you on those and thank you for asking me to help. Your a true friend to me.

Thank you Jarrett, I appreciate it. Trust me, I would come back if I could, the search continues. It was a fun time, for sure.

EZine would be the way to go now, although the paper was better to kill time at the track. But with Smartphones and data subscriptions for tablets, it could still be had there.

I always enjoyed this magazine, and at the same time was always thinking, "man, this has got to be a lot of work". I couldn't imagine any financial return, and assumed it was out of passion for the sport. Thanks for the memories!

Back