OMA-X GP's or Fall Mx?

GP! I made my annual Briarçliff trek this past Sunday. You have the perfect facilities for a GP. Just run some MX track, the trail through the woods and you have a course. Contact Drew about the race day schedule. Action Sports uses is the old Distric 11 schedule that's time tested and works well. Some Cliff regulars have made it out to various GP races over the years so they shouldn't need much convincing to come out and play at a GP. I think a lot Cliff regulars would give it a try. Once the do, they will be hooked!

Heck, I'd go with a GP. I ran Drew's first one at Action Sports (Fast Traxx). They did a dead engine start with us standing in front of the bike facing it straddling the front fender. Gate dropped and we had to run around, onto bike, start it and go. I wrecked in both motos (imagine that) and being a MX guy, guess where I wiped? You guessed it, the MX track one moto and the SX track the next. Was fun. Only one and last one I ran. Always thought of another, but have yet to make one. heck, my MX period has been lacking the last couple of years. 2013 is going to be my break-out year to get back in the game...that's the plan any way... ;)

GP!!! It will work...these races will be a blast.

Why GP's will rok
-Briacliif, Malvern, and OIR are all great candidates for these types of events.
-Time of Year...The AMA Nationals stop in september, the last major motocross event besides Des Nations which is shortly after. Motocross racing is at the end of it's course locally.
-Promotion - Previous efforts for a collective GP series have been handled lighlty, some tracks have a great GP event. This revolutionizing attempt will be doe right and for the right reasons which means the belief from the people.
-Work, sweat is the only way.
-Creativity...their is an abundance.
-Practice, these can still be two-day events to practice moto as well.

Prediction- These events will draw 100-200+ riders at first, given the exception of the Briarcliff facility, even the pictures of the place shows potential,although elevation changes I can't confirm...Jeremy? Riders will like the GP's.

Malvern hosted a GP in 2011. The buzz was good but rain came friday night...that stopped people especially having no previous record of track conditions by the public to determine if it would shape up...which the conditions did to a mix of slimy and traction with no dust. We did a gate-drop start. We had less than 30 riders i think, if conditions were right, maybe a high of 100-150 the first year. You would be hard pressed to find someone that didn't like it.

Malvern has hosted 5 hare-scrambles the last five years that were designed by me, with help from Curtis Haught, a quad rider in HS and MX (i also designed the GP) Again, you would be hard-pressed to find someone that didn't like the tracks, actually was well praised. Our last HS event this year was proof enough with a 225-250 overall rider turn-out, about 140 were big bikes which is large for any CRA race also given the date it took place. This was on Memorial Day weekend with a GNCC in West Virginia running, also a 2-day event at TV-Land, i think it was the rock n' ride (which people love). I nick-named Malvern's HS as a moto-scramble. We ran about 90% of the motocross track and used the surrounding property with woods, elevation, log crossing, grass track, open areas, tight areas, slow areas, fast areas, technical areas, groovey areas with the overall idea to have a flowing track with some challenge that would only hinder about 10% of the field, to be creative as possible in the layout which is a challenge at Malvern to squeeze out a 10-12 minute HS loop. People loved the track. With the current property, Malvern could produce 6-7 minute lap time which is perfect for a GP. You can format the races all kinds of ways. I think Jason, a moto guy, was even impressed to see what Malvern turned into with about 75 man hours that year in creation and years worth of thinking and experience.

You should deffinately do this, maybe a 3-race series at the core tracks to start off with and build from their.

GO FOR IT!!!

Do you think that's a good idea, somebody will probably get taken out the first corner and lose his ride home!

I love moto, but GP's are so fun for some reason, i love the mix of mx and woods. Fastraxx GP's are awesome, had the chance to run one earlier in the year and i had a blast. COCR also always has a fun gp course, but its more technical in the woods aspect because they run portions of the harescramble course. So i vote GP in the fall for a change of pace, good to get out of the box, and its also shorter than a moto race.

Back