Youth and caffeine toxicity...monster sued.

you said it right "consumed responsibly" people dont have and of that any more. its easier to sue a company then let the person take any responsibility.whats next a dirtbiker sueing another for a wreck in a turn?

I am pretty sure right on the can of Monster it says don't consume more than three a day. I am honestly suprised there has not been more deaths with this stuff, I know people will drink them all day long to keep moving.

Responsibilty is key................parents or care givers IMO should not give children or adolescents any of these energy drinks. What do they need them for anyway?

This is right from a can of Monster in my fridge..."Consumer responsibility- max 1 can every 4 hours, with limit 3 cans per day. Not recommended for children, people sensitive to caffeine, women who are pregnant, or women who are nursing." That's on a 15.5 oz. can of rehab. The news said she drank 2-24 oz. cans (don't know what kind) in 1 day. If this warning is on all Monster, do the parents even have a case?

The parents should be responsible, as the girl aready had heart problems. Says right on the can Not recommended for children, pregnant or nursing women and persons sensative to caffeine. Very sad lose that could have been avoided.

Of course they have a chance, this is america! Lawyers can find a way to blame anyone but the responsible party!

This is right from a can of Monster in my fridge..."Consumer responsibility- max 1 can every 4 hours, with limit 3 cans per day. Not recommended for children, people sensitive to caffeine, women who are pregnant, or women who are nursing." That's on a 15.5 oz. can of rehab. The news said she drank 2-24 oz. cans (don't know what kind) in 1 day. If this warning is on all Monster, do the parents even have a case?

In this world today, in a word, YEA! I personally think the parents should be slapped up side the head!

I bet her lawyer uses the 3 cans against monster. As the girl drank two. I wouldn't be surprised if they settle out of court and that new label would read "consume no more than 1-2 cans per day depending on medical conditions or talk to your doctor "

Ah but it also says not recommended for children. And Im sure the recommendations are for adult consumers.A minor under 18 is a child......

I would think If the girl acquired the drink from the frig. or pantry, whatever, at her parents house, the neglect falls on the parents. If the child purchased on their own, Well that's another story. Warnings or not, children and teens do what they do, irresponsible as they may be, that is the nature of children. Monster will most likely be found, at minimum, partially liable for wrongful death.

My son tried to purchase an energy drink when we were down around Hillsboro, Ohio and the attendant at the station refused to sell it to him as he was under 18. Crazy as that seems that is probably where this is headng. I don't think kids should have access to these drinks!!!

Back