air filter cleaning agents?

Stacy, we use the rim grease.

It washes off like the rest of the filter as long as you get no toil rim grease.

Stacy, we use the rim grease.

It washes off like the rest of the filter as long as you get no toil rim grease.

i have some no toil grease sitting on the shelf i think. i stopped using it about 6 years ago though! havent had any problems.

Likewise (TwentyThreeMX)...no grease and no problems. To your point, keep your filter clean and the air box clean and I think that's all you need.

I had some PJ1 cleaner somebody gave me. Worked great but I wouldnt buy it.

For foam filters and my K&N I get into the kithen sink when the wife's not looking and spary on some Dollar General Grease Lightning or Mean Green or similar with hot water, followed by another shot of Dawn dish soap. Works great and is cheapskate friendly.

I have tried most of this new stuff, myself I clean mine with gas, and dawn dish washing soap, that gets the best results for me

Dawn and warm water in the kitchen sink keeping the dirty side down and never submerged. Clean then clean then clean again , then rinse until only clear water runs out. Air dry for a few days
and PJ1 filter oil has always worked for me.

No-Toil all the way....best thing ever made! I have never used the rim grease on my Susuki, KTM's or Maico's & never had any dirt gets past the rim.
It stays tacky for a long time & does not seem to run off after sitting for a few months.

It sure beats cleaning in kerosine or gasoline, letting the filter dry & washing again with Dawn like we did years ago.

In the real old dusty days we just stood there dumping gas thru it, rung it out the best we could, oiled it, washed the oil off the hands with more gas & went riding again.

Maico Mark

Back