AMA District 12 Buckeye Series Opener at Malvern!

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Well....at least that's what happened in 1977.....

OhioCycleMalvern1977.jpg

4th place in the Mini Class has to be the worst name in History!!!! Who could go through life with that???

Im still stuck on Dick Sweat......... wow, anyone have pics of the track from way back then? Just curious on what the track looked liked then, compared to now. I find it interesting how things change so extensivly over the years.

The original one is where we still ride today (north of the pits) and the second one was east of the pits. It used the hillside and woods that touches the current pit area as well as the field that is east of the pits and south of the driveway. If you go into the woods (by the pits) you can still see where the trees had been cleared for the track. I rode track #2 that day because we didn’t chase any points or series.

Mini class fourth place finisher's name is mentioned a few times in the Loretta Lynn's programs I have from the early 90's .. Reading his results in those always made me chuckle

It's actually richard sweat jr. His dad goes by dick and he goes by rich but to get him going I like to call them big dick and little dick.

Back