Someone go scoop this up!

that's funny I had already been in contact with the seller before I saw this. Pit you'll be glad to hear it's here with me save and sound. I've always had a soft spot for blue and yellow RM's and when seller offered it to me for 200 bucks I had to have it. Wife went with me, which is a good sign. I'm hoping she'll let me ride a vintage bike next year as she's pretty much said no more riding after the get off a few weeks ago. Baby steps

Attachments

• DSCN0780.jpg
    DSCN0780.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 147
yup-it has pretty good compression, I haven't looked into why no spark yet, but I believe it will run with min work involved

I would say you hit your head too hard, but... How did you think you could keep this from me? The wife has no idea that this is the slowest 125 EVER produced but I would not have allowed this to happen. They had no compression new! An 87 or 88 would've been a much better play.

It'll be on a stand in the front yard in no time! LOL! Let me know if you need ignition parts, I may have what it takes in that roller I had at Mid-Ohio...glad you are "keep-on, keepin' on" brotha!

I was a huge fan of Erik Kehoe back then, and I ran that fat #8 for a while on my bike. I wanted one of those '86's sooooo bad when I was 16, but I held off and got a brand new '88 which was much better.

6263985876_748ce419f9_o.jpg6302746387_e1a052a8e5_o.jpg6545342981_98835a8e46_o.jpg

Looking at all this stuff is making me want to dig the '87 RM back out!

Me too, TB901 and I were working at a suzuki shop back then, I remember those blue motors looked so cool on the show room floor. We had a chance to ride one back in 1986 and Terry is correct it was pretty slow and hard to ride but man did it look trick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy4-kNqs4J4&feature=plcp

I was a huge fan of Erik Kehoe back then, and I ran that fat #8 for a while on my bike. I wanted one of those '86's sooooo bad when I was 16, but I held off and got a brand new '88 which was much better.

View attachment 7080View attachment 7081View attachment 7082

Looking at all this stuff is making me want to dig the '87 RM back out!

Back