Farewell My Friend!

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
The Mighty RM465 traveled to a new (old) home on Sunday. Sad to watch it drive away in the back of another truck.......I get way too attached to my bikes!

I say new (old) because the purchaser was buying this bike for the second time! He owned the bike years ago, sold it, and then I came along and bought it from the person he sold it to! He actually confirmed the story that I was told about this bike being built to race the Red Bud 500 National some 30 years ago. Pretty cool.

This bike brought me many very good memories and I raced it in 6 different states and won 4 National titles on it (2 AMA, 2 AHRMA). Truly one of my all time favorite bikes that I've owned. Nearly unbeatable on the start! I've never ripped such massive holeshots before as I did on this bike.

IMG_2392.jpgIMG_2684.jpgIMG_2793.jpgIMG_3002.jpgIMG_3503.jpgIMG_3441.jpgIMG_3780.jpgIMG_3304.jpg

Had to fire it up one last time and listen to it purrrrrrrr...

I am just losing interest in the old bike stuff. At least losing interest enough so that I don't have 10 of them laying around.

It's been very noticable that many have pulled back or out completely.
Definitely after the 2008 economy crash.

I still have the burn for it, and don't see that ever really fading but family and work take up so damn much of my time it leaves very little for bikes or the sport.

That would of been a struggle for me to let that bike go. :(

That thing was clean! All your bikes get me psyched to own a nice older Suzuki some day

I know I'm really old now but the best time I've had on a bike this year was on my third string '73 MX 360. But of course that was just a week after having the worst time I've had on bike this on the same bike! Just happy I gave it go again and hadn't gotten rid of it.

That was one sweet RM . I saw most of those races and it ran very nicely.
It sure pulled off the gate. Nice to see it going to a former owner too . He had to be pumped to get it back . Especially all ready to go and race.

Guess what? I owned that bike too! Your former owner bought it from me. I bought it off Ebay from the guy who had it rebuilt. There was a framed pic of the pro that raced it at the national, but the neatest thing was the trick factory fork adjusters that are on it. I never rode it, but if I'd known it worked that good maybe I'd have kept it. Who knows, maybe I'll still end up with it back. Your buyer and I have traded a boatload of bikes back and forth.

Back