RIP Mark Roop

John250

PR Founding Father
Heard this morning that long time D 11 Motocrosser, Mark Roop passed away this morning. Very sad and tragic news. My heart goes out to his family and young kids. I raced Mark for over 20 years. Great guy. God Speed Mark.

Very sorry to hear! I didn't know him, but I've heard that name many times. Best wishes for the family.

Whow! Shocking. God speed Mark! My family's prayers go out to his family. If it's ok to ask, do you know what happened? Seems very sudden. He was a great racer and nice guy and will be missed.

Tough as nails competitor back in the early to mid 90s. He and I split a lot of moto wins in D-11 Open B races. I distinctly remember one day at Kenworthy's (94 I think) when he broke the kickstarter on his KX500. He push started that big monster each moto in staging.

He was always a nice guy off the track. I will be sending prayers.

So very sad to hear, a quiet gentleman he seemed. I didn't know Mark that well, but we raced a few times and the last time I saw him he had his boy racing, too. A ferocious

competitor was he - especially at Kenworthy's. RIP Mark. Longtime F&S Suzuki team member...

Back