Ohio outdoor mx scheduling

faithlove617

PR Addict
just being hypothetical and realistic about all outdoor mx practice/racing/special events in ohio 2013.

maybe another way to improve the growth of OHMX...working together with scheduling

Let the big dogs eat first...AMA MX, ATV PRO MX, LORRETTA LYNNS, and PONCA CITY...

CRA always produces a schedule by January at the banquet

Then OMA-X

Then all other tracks and organizations in ohio.

I am not calling for a mass unity of all organizations and tracks to meet and figure this out, but to realize that an order to scheduling practices, races, and events will bring the most opportunity for all tracks and riders

this is to say for everyone to have some sense about scheduling, the list of conflictions is a mile long, don't just produce a schedule to have one, produce a schedule that works the best for what you want to do while giving thought to other events taking place

geography is very important...the further apart the location of the tracks on any one day deepens the pool and draw, and at times unity between sanctioning bodies and tracks can happen for the overall growth of OHMX, everyone has complete freedom, just work with motocross

and some tracks, scheduling doesn't matter

Our schedule for Smith Road 2013 is the same as always the 3 holidays ( Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day, AHRMA national June 22&23 , and Police and fire on June 15th) We have run the 3 holiday races for as long as I can remember and I'm.. Well lets just say I'm an adult lol! We plan to run these races indefinitely at Smith Road as they are, our tradition. We may not be the "big dogs" but we are the "old dogs" lol

heres an idea...how about a collaborative effort to hoast the annual memorial day bash in honor of smith road, for the heritage, deep roots of a strong tree, in honor of all motocross, past present future, in honor of america all that is lost and not forgotten about, but remembered in strength unworthy.

BOOM!!! a cannon, the national anthem plays, all the riders take a lap, line em up, prayer, openiing announcement, fire em' up, time to go racing

food, games, ballon fight, maybe archery, some blow-ups, a 20 ft. screen with the battle of ohio mx game tournement, a champion will be crowned, camping, racing, friends, family....motocross with style

you could make it an akron childrens hospital charity...at least something like this could happen, all or most of ohmx for one event

Our Police and Firemans Race is to benefit Akron Children's Hospital Burn Unit and Make-A-Wish it is a charity event we'd love more riders to support! We also did a Hunger drive for the month of October with Harvest for Hunger and November is a toy drive for Toys For Tots, in addition we donated facilities for Case Western to test their go carts which was a blast and maybe a fun event to plan for the future. We have some fun events planned for 2013 to add more family fun to the races but the movies shown will be all George's race films from back in the day! We had them transferred to DVD recently and can't wait to share them!

Mastiffmom... Would it be possible to purchase a copy of those films from you? I have a feeling my dad might be racing in some of those

Im sure we can make you a copy, we are planning on showing them Memorial Day, if you see your dad in them let me know and ill burn you a copy!

Our schedule for Smith Road 2013 is the same as always the 3 holidays ( Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day, AHRMA national June 22&23 , and Police and fire on June 15th) We have run the 3 holiday races for as long as I can remember and I'm.. Well lets just say I'm an adult lol! We plan to run these races indefinitely at Smith Road as they are, our tradition. We may not be the "big dogs" but we are the "old dogs" lol

AHRMA national June 22&23 ........ for 2013 ??????

(please pardon my question, no intent to hijack the thread talking Vintage)

Yes for 2013 the Ahrma national will return to Smith Road,it should be a fun weekend!

Interesting.....
Fun indeed! Very much looking forward to it.

Hope you don't mind, I'll start a thread in the old bikes section so we can continue the conversation around this.
Thanks.

Of course, I should have done that already, sorry! It's been 2 years or more since Smith Road has had an AHRMA National and we are excited to welcome them back!

Did you say AHRMA National? Maybe I'll run on of their races after all next year!

Back